Gns-online.com/acaiberry / Unauthorized charge to my account

6452 Fig Street
Phone: 800-595-4670
I ordered a free trial of Acai Berry which said I would have a 30 day trial and that i could return the item if i did not want it. First of all, it took 14 days before i received the package. On the day i received the Acai Berry i called GNS because the invoice said i would be charged $79.90 (for the free Trial) and that i would be charged another $79.90 in 45 days. I immediately called GNS who had me on hold for nearly an hour. I told the rep that i thought his company was trying to pull a scam.
The rep told me that i should keep a bottle of the Acai Berry to see if i liked it and to send back the unopened bottle. I told him to make sure that my account was not charged because i only wanted to try the product. The rep assured me that my account would not be charged. This was on 1/28/09 14 days after i had placed the order on their website.
On 2/6/09 my bank account statement shows "GNS*SLIMBODY VITAM[protected] CO" with drew $79.90 from my account. I called and email them on 2/7/09 to find out what was going on with my money. I was told by the girl who answered the phone that payments are returned two days after they received the item in their warehouse. UPS shows that the item was delivered 02/05/2009. It is obvious that this company is running a scam. Does anyone know how to shut them down?

A  18th of Feb, 2009 by
I agree and have just got off the phone with a representative. This is an on line scam. They are delivering within 14 days, you have a 21 day trial, but the guarantee is supposed to be 30 days from the date of purchase, not the day of delivery. Common sense saids: anything transported should have days attached to them. So lets say 30 days guarantee, 14 days for delivery, 16 days of trials but, you have 21 days of trial, so is the first 14 days part of the 21 days and if not why are they not part of the 30 days guarantee. SO you have to guarantee the pills for 14 days if though you do not have them. This is a scam
A  1st of Mar, 2009 by
I sadly just fell for this scam as well and now after reading all of these complaints am feeling a little nervous. However, i used a gift card to pay for the free trial. Since there is only a limited amount on the card does that mean i'm out of harm's way?
A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
I totally agree!!!
I didn't even get the product and I was charged $80+.

I ordered my product on 1/31 and never received it. Next thing there was a charge on my credit card. I reported it to my credit card to dispute charge.

I'm still waiting to get in touch with the company...this is totally a SCAM!

So what do we need to do to report it? Can we report it to consumers beaureau????
N  12th of Mar, 2009 by
I was also scammed into this "free" trial. I tried to cancel within 15 minutes of ordering and got a song and dance after 3 days of phone calls and emails with their standard responses. I have and will continue to file charges with the State Attorney General and will do everything I can to stop these people from their scam. They suck you in with the $3.97 trial and then go into your account and withdraw the full price of the pills which you have sent back at your own expense.
N  12th of Mar, 2009 by
I too fell for this scam and returned my product immediately when I noticed the $80 charge to my account. My money was refunded - luckily - but not for about a week after my product had been returned.
A helpful tip I found along the way - by calling GNS directly and not the number provided on the shipping invoice I was able to get in touch with a representative without any wait time at all (compared to the hour long wait to receive a return authorization)

The number is 1-800-595-4670. The representative I talked to was very friendly and resolved my issue with speed and ease.
A  13th of Mar, 2009 by
I wish I checked this site before ordering. It is totally a scam. I called back to get the Return Authorization Number and representative basically yelled at me. After telling him that I did not appreciate his tone of voice he completely igonred it. He told me bluntly that they are NOT going to refund my money - I can use exchange. Requested to talk to the supervisor but the rep told me that there is nobody above him and nobody will authorize a refund!!! Basucally, tough luck... Completely unacceptable. SCAM!!! Please stay away from them...
A  16th of Mar, 2009 by
my wife and i were also taken by this scam. we were given the run around about their policy but the bottom line is their product is "snake oil" and their company is full of liers and cheats.
A  13th of Apr, 2009 by
I too was scammed over this. The day after my delivery came in I called to cancel all other orders, the man that I spoke with gave me an authorization # and explained what to do step by step. I mail the order back and waited a month. After that I called again, I was told a long song and dance. Eventualy I was given a $ 105.00 dollars credit. Not that I'm interested in ordering anything else from these scammers. But I do have the credit so let's see if I even get this.
A  17th of Apr, 2009 by
I, also, was taken - with two orders, one for me & one for my wife. Took it for two weeks with no apparent results. Then raed the small print about additional charges and shipments. Immediately call their customer service at the 800 number provided above by escott. Lady was helpful. I sent back both shipments first class that same day. I called again today & they confirmed receipt & that no additional charges or shipments would be made. We'll see. I also wrote a 2-page letter with attachments to the Attorney general of Colorado registering my complaint with him.
N  22nd of Jun, 2009 by
To: E.Simmons

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced with us. It sounds like you were not properly taken care of and you had a problem getting through to our company and didn’t get a refund. We deeply apologize for the experience you had with us and we would like to help you and offer you a monetary refund now. Please contact us again and explain your situation to us.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Our number is 1800-595-4670. We are here Monday through Friday 7am to 7pm MDT and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 5pm.

Supervisor at GNS
A  24th of Jul, 2010 by
I had the same thing offered to me. I am now trying to use my refund but cannot find any other products.
A  24th of Jul, 2010 by
It happened to me also. I was informed that I could not get a refund but could order something of equal value. Cannot find any other products to purchase. At time of cancellation there was only an anti-aging cream with the same balance.