Gns (Global Nutrition Sciences) Acai Berry Pills / Scam

I am embarrassed to say that I was had by GNS. I typically don't purchase anything online before first doing a search to see if I can find negative reviews...and this is why.

I ordered the free trial offered of the Acai Berry Pills and paid the 3.97 shipping on 2-19-09. As of today, 3-5-09, I have not received the order. My 21 day trial is going to expire on the tenth. I decided (a bit too late) to do an internet search and was overwhelmed with the numbwer of sites warning of this scam.

I immediately called and spoke to customer service. When he started to tell me he was going to expedite the problem, I cut him off and told him I didn't want a reship. He was quick to attempt to correct his phrase by telling me that they wouldn't ship anything out, but he would expedite my call to another department to make sure I won't be billed. I was transferred to yet another queue, where an automated voice told me there were 35 calls ahead of me and I could leave a message or email support@gnshelp.com. I opted to do both.

In both instances I left messages very clearly stating that I did not want a reship of the product and I was officially cancelling my subscription. About 5 minutes later I received the following email:

Reship
"When a customer states that they did not receive their package our policy is to reship the product/s. We have reshipped your package to you. We are sending it with signature confirmation so that we know you receive it. Your 30 day money back guarantee starts over from today. Do not refuse or return to sender the package. Should you want to return the package please contact us to get a return authorization number and instructions on how to return."

At this point I was already upset (at them and at myself). I wrote him back a nasty email basically reiterating the first and telling them that I WILL refuse the package and that I have already alerted my credit card company to be on the lookout.

The silver lining to this situation is I lost my credit card this last weekend and I had to cancel and request a new one. I have been assured by the credit card company that they will not be able to charge the account because the number has changed.

Ac

Comments

• Mi
      21st of Mar, 2009

I ORDERED ACAI EDGE PRODUCT IN EARLY FEBUARY OF THIS YEAR. I GOT MY SHIPMENT IN ABOUT A WEEK AND DID NOT LIKE IT. AND A WEEK LATER I RECIEVED A SECOND ORDER. WHEN I TRIED TO RETURN IT THEY SAID I WAS PAST Y 30 DAY TRIAL OFFER AND THEY WOULD NOT REFUND MY MONEY. I CALLED ON THE VERY SAME DAY, ONE MONTH LATER TO CANCELL, BUT THAT DIDNT MATTER TO THEM. THE GIRL I TALKED TO GAVE ME ON RA NUMBER TO SEND BACK AND EVERYTHING. WELL I DID SO AND I NEVER THE CREDIT. SO THEN IN THE MIDDLE OF MAERCH I GOT ANOTHER SHIPPMENT. ONCE AGAIN I CALLED AND THIS GIRL SAID I CANCEELED TO LATE AND THEIRS NOTHING I COULD DO. SHE TRASFERED ME TO THE CREDIT DEPT. WHIC H IWAS TOLD I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT 30 MINUTES, THERE WERE 36 CALLS AHEAD OF ME. SHE ALSO GAVE ME A NUMBER TO REFERENCE. I WASNT GOING TO WAIT SO I HUNG UP AND TRIED THIS WEBSITE THEY OFFERED. LOOKS LIKE THIS IS GETTING ME KNOW WHERE TO, BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD WARN SOMEONE DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT IT SUCKS ANSD SO DO THE SCAM PEOP-LE RUNNING IT.

• Sh
      24th of Mar, 2009

I have been scammed over and over with this company. People they are giving you the run around please do not order from this company.

• Sh
      24th of Mar, 2009

They are scamming you checking accounts even when you email to cancel and keep you on hold to discourage you

• Ru
      5th of May, 2009

I also was scammed by them. I ordered the product for free shipping only. Now they want an additional $79.90 saying that I did not pay for the shipping up front. Fortunately there was a security break in at my bank and we were all re-issued our debit cards.

GNS sent a collections letter because they were unable to bill my old card. I called and talked to customer service and was so frustrated I just told them that I had read about their rip off online and they could sue me.

• Be
      14th of Oct, 2009

You can file a Internet crime report to FBI at:

• Ta
      19th of Jul, 2011

Sorry guys, this product was the BEST thing I have ever used to lose weight. They sent it to me in a few days, I was charged only the shipping fee and when I called to cancel, they gave me an offer of 8 bottles for 48.95. which I jumped on. I went from a size 12 to a size 4. I think this product works for some and not for others. For me, it was a blessing.