Gmac Mortgage / delay of payment of insurance claim checks

1 TX, United States Review updated:

My insurance company, twia has issued a claim check in my name and gmac. Gmac's process to get it endorsed has intentionally delayed the release of my funds even after it was inspected by their inspector. I have jumped through every hoop they have put in front of me taking an additional 3 weeks of their "process".

I am now being told that I need a statement from twia that they accepted the sworn statement of loss from americat, llc, the adjuster firm. This makes no sense. The check was cut by twia, of course they accepted the sworn/notarized statement of loss/adjustment. This is an intentional delay to make money off of the funds that belong to me, again even after their inspector inspected my property and filed a report stating that 99% of the work was completed at my expense.

I have asked repeatedly why they need this information. I was told "you don’t need to know, all you need to know is we will not process your request further until we get it".

I have fixed my home at my own expense and gmac is intentionally delaying getting me my insurance claim moneys. This is a ploy that is wide spread in my community and is criminal. I would hope someone would
Investigate gmac mortgage and penalize them in what ever fashion possible for this blatant act of dishonesty and criminal behavior.

Comments

• Sh
      8th of Dec, 2008

GMAC doing the same to me. My house was damage during Hurrican Ike and GMAC holding my money. I have recorded statement from their associate confirming sending my check. But no check and they don't response any phone messages. GMAC is the worst mortgae company I heard so far. I will take my business to someone else. I will also report to every related authority about their service and cheating me with my money.

• St
      30th of Dec, 2008

GMAC has had my funds from Hurricane Ike since Nov. 1. Several times I was told that check would be mailed in 3 to 5 business days. Im still waiting. I call and get different people every time and spend an hour trying to explain. I have jumped through hoops for 2 months and i'm ready to give up. The paper work is not correct, is the standard answer I get. They even called to tell me that they had recieved paperwork on the damage to my home that they need to send to my mortgage holder...they are my mortgage holder. I called the next day to inquire about a check and was told no paperwork was received. They have an excuse every time I call and if I ask for someone with authority...they have left for the day and I can only reach their email. Something needs to be done with these companies that are causing us more grief than is necessary. The insurance companies inspected the property with the contractor and they decided what needs to be done, and all paperwork was sent to the mortgage company. What more do they need? I would like to know if they are drawing interest from all these withheld funds and if so...where is my share?