The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

Global Personals Ltd / Unuathorised charges

1 South Africa Review updated:

I recently inspected my credit card statements and have noted that Global Personals Ltd have been deducting money from my credit card from as far back as last year. I have no idea as to why they have charged my account as I do not belong to any dating/chat service. I consider this to be fraudulent in nature and practice.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Ma
      16th of Jun, 2011
    +1 Votes

    I recently inspected my credit card statements and have noted that Global Personals Ltd have been deducting money from my credit card. Global Personals LTD have charged my account as of £19.99. I do not belong to any dating/chat service. I consider this to be fraudulent in nature and practice. (

  • Bi
      16th of Sep, 2011
    +1 Votes


  • No
      2nd of Mar, 2012
    0 Votes

    Same thing happened to me in Australia. I've never signed up to any of their sites. And been charged $39 + $89 the same day.. I've contacted my bank to notify them of this fraud. Funny thing is I envy how much they're making from this scam. I think they gather credit card information, or even have a credit card generator and they use the random card generator to bill you. If you happen to be one of the unlucky one your credit card will be hit with this charge.. They make all these dating sites to give them an excuse for their purposes of fraud.. And to collect more credit card informations. Also they setup a call center to hide behind the fact that they're doing massive fraud.

  • Ma
      4th of May, 2012
    0 Votes

    The same think has just happened to me. Does anyone know how i can recover my money?

  • St
      27th of Jun, 2012
    0 Votes

    How to get your money back from Global Personals / White Label Dating

    Who to contact first

    You can't usually report a trader directly to Trading Standards. This is because not all local offices offer a public service. However, Trading Standards has an agreement with Citizens Advice to help you report the problem. You can contact either:

    the Citizens Advice consumer service, or
    your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

    Experienced advisers will assess your problem and work out whether to pass it on to Trading Standards. However, they won’t be able to make a decision about whether Trading Standards will take on your case.

    If the problem is passed on it is called a referral. When Trading Standards have received the referral, they decide whether they are able to help you and may contact you directly.

    Some local Trading Standards offices do offer a drop-in service for the public. You can check whether there is one in your area by contacting your local authority or the Citizens Advice consumer helpline.
    What information do you need to report a problem

    Before you contact Citizens Advice, gather as much information as you can to support your problem. This will help the adviser decide if your problem can be passed on to Trading Standards.

    Try to give details of:

    what the problem is
    what you know about the trader
    paperwork, including bills, invoices, quotes and estimates or contracts
    notes of any conversations you've already had with the trader, including dates
    witnesses who can confirm what you're saying
    photos or video evidence of the problem.

    What happens if Trading Standards take on your problem?

    If Trading Standards take on your case, it’s important to know what may happen next.

    The information you give Trading Standards may be passed on to other bodies with the power to take action against the trader. For example:

    the Office of Fair Trading
    the police
    the courts service.

    If there is a prosecution, you may be asked to give evidence against the trader in court.

    However, not all cases end up in court. Trading Standards doesn’t have to prosecute a trader even when it's clear that a criminal offence has been committed and the trader is likely to be convicted. They can choose to take no action or to give the trader a warning.

    If a trader is found guilty, the court has the power to award compensation of up to £5, 000 in cases where money has been lost. However, even if a trader is successfully prosecuted, you may not get your money back as the court doesn’t have to do this, particularly if the trader can’t afford to pay.

    If you are awarded compensation, it can’t be any more than the value of the goods or services that you’ve lost. You usually can’t claim for distress or additional losses that are hard to put a value on.
    What to do if Trading Standards can’t help you

    Sometimes Trading Standards won't be able to help you personally and you may have to take other action to solve your problem. You could:

    complain directly to the trader
    contact a trade association if the trader is a member
    use alternative dispute resolution, for example the Ombudsman
    take the trader to court.

    Your Citizens Advice adviser will be able to tell you what else you can do to solve your problem.

    Even if they don’t take your case on, Trading Standards may still collect evidence about the trader and may decide to take action at a later date.
    Next steps

    To report a problem to Trading Standards, you can:

    call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline
    visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau. To find details of your nearest CAB, see nearest CAB.

    Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Trading Standards

  • Gl
      5th of Sep, 2012
    0 Votes

    All card transactions are verified through the bank screening services and we rely on them to validate card authenticity. If you are unsure of the reason why we appear on your credit card statement go to this website, it will explain who we are, why you have been billed and what you should do about it if you think you have been the genuine victim of card fraud. It also has copies of our Terms and Conditions for you to read. When you subscribe to one of our sites, you are informed that it is a repeat billing subscription which can be cancelled at any time by following the instructions on the website.

Post your comment