Gillece Heating, Cooling And Plumbing / Furnace

1 Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania, United States

Our furnace stopped working and the next morning we called Gillece to come out. They said there would be a $95.00 service charge just to come out and look at the problem. Fine. When they arrived they said the motor was dead. They charged over $1, 200.00 for the motor and service. Fortunately they did not have a new one on their truck and said they would be back later with the new one. In the mean time my husband wrote a check for the full amount and gave it to them. I freaked out. Told him to go on line and find the cost of a new motor for that furnace. He did - $117.00. Take the cost of the motor out and the cost of their service call of $95.00 out and that left a $1, 000 labor cost for a 45 minute job. I went on line and found a site that gave instructions on how to install it and he did the next day when we got the new motor ourselves. Took him 45 minutes. We are senior citizens and I truly believe this is a classic example of senior citizen price gouging and white collar crime. Terrible company.

Se