General Motorsunavailable parts for a 2017 buick encore

My 2017 Buick Encore was involved in an accident and the front end was damaged. Progressive Insurance had the car towed to Abra Auto Body in Indianapolis. The car has been there for a month and 3 days. There is an issue with several parts, the biggest being the hood! I have been told by Abra, Progressive and the dealership ordering the parts, Hubler Chevrolet, that there are only 7 hoods in this world for this car and they don't know when or even if it will come in for my vehicle.

I had thirty days on a rental, which has expired, and am now without a car. The car simply cannot stay there for months. It is ridiculous to think I should be without a car for months and this is good business. GM needs to do something about this. How can you not have parts for this car????

I bought my Buick, which I totally enjoy by the way, knowing that GM stood behind it. Well, not so much! I have a Senior Advisor working on it but not much has happened. She keeps telling me that we just need to wait for the part! It is not acceptable.

My case # is 8-[protected]. The missing parts are as follows

Emission label-no part #
Front Bumper tow hook-part # [protected]
Front bumper air deflector-part # [protected]
Front bumper low impact bar-#[protected]
hood-part # [protected]
lower cooling radiator baffle-# [protected]

If the parts are unavailable and the car cannot be repaired in a timely fashion then GM needs to provide me with another vehicle. I don't know what else can be done to resolve this matter.

Lo
Mar 08, 2018

Comments

• La
      Aug 30, 2019

My Encore has been at the dealer over four months now waiting for a transmission that is unavailable with no known delivery date. Anyone buying one of these needs to be aware GM will not provide parts or stand behind their vehicles.