General Motors / tire failure on 2016 chevy silverado with 2800 miles

Tracy, CA, United States

Title: Bidgestone Dueler H/T 684II - Sidewall failure at 50 MPH on 2016 Chevy Silverado LS Reg Cab with 2800 miles, on October 16, 2017. No object was struck and it occured while changing lanes. Apparently, this failure has been documented on the internet with a simple google search. GM/ Tracy Chevrolet service manager Ryan Ford assumed I struck something and Susan of California Customer Engagement Center [protected] ext 5911265, case #8-[protected] all went with the party line...must of been a road hazard and denied reimbursement of my tire for appox $200.

In addition, Chevy Roadside assistance could not seem to send a tow truck after more than 1hr and I was less than impresssed with the putting on hold and then saying every 5 minutes for 40 minutes that it would be at least 90 minutes to get a tow truck. I ended the call and was able to get AAA in about 25 minutes.

Went to Tracy Chevy, and they said the warranty was only for defective tires (which it was) and that since it must have been a road hazard was not covered. He said at that time " You can pay us $25 to evaluate the failure, but it looks like in my opinion it was caused by a road hazard and the replacement will cost around $300, or you can go to a local tire place for $198. The blowout occured at approximately 50 Mph and the car traveled some 200+ feet before coming to rest.

Since my life was placed in jeopardy by the defective tire, and since Chevy denied my warrany claim despite other dueler sidewall failure accounts well documented, I will seek appropriate representation next week.

John M. Marian