General Motors / no support — 1500 miles over warranty
I am extremely dissatisfied with my vehicle; I seriously doubt that I will ever buy another GM vehicle, and I am actively encouraging my family and friends to not buy GM vehicles either.
I work as a vice-president of quality for one of your suppliers; at the time we bought our Malibu, I supplied many components on that vehicle as well. Because I do a great deal of travel helping with quality issues, most of it from GM assembly plant to GM assemby plant, I put a lot of miles on my vehicle. I had started noticing things that were not right with my car, such as the steering wheel off-color, the HVAC fan squeaking, the steering wheel with two huge wear spots on the foam wrap, and recently the check engine light came on. I pushed the OnStar button for a diagnostic, and I was told something was wrong with my fuel system. So I called my dealer to get these things taken care of. Well, I couldn't get my car in right away (again, taking care of GM business), but when I did, I was told that I couldn't be helped because my vehicle was now out of warranty by 1, 000 miles. MY CAR HAD 16 MONTHS IN SERVICE! For all these things to go wrong after just 16 MIS and GM to not do anything about it is just irresponsible. I called some folks at the GM VEC in Warren and I can't seem to get any help there either. So, I'm putting my car up for sale and I will be driving into the VEC and various GM assembly plants in a new Lincoln MKS or a Jaguar XF. I wanted to drive a car that I supply parts for (I am also a supplier to the LGR Cadillac plant), for GM won't support their product.
More General Motors Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service 
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar 
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration 
- General Motors - a/c issues 
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights 
- General Motors Corporation - 2016 buick enclave vin5gakvckd9gj187188
- General Motors Corporation - 2011 gmc terrain
- General Motors Corporation - part replacement of same part within 10 months
- General Motors - electrical/sensors
- General Motors Corporation - gm financial