General Motors Corporation — repair service
Took my 1996 corvette into a Chevrolet dealership for the following problems:
Coolant leak, car continues to unlock and lock itself, difficulty getting in reverse. (manual transmission).
After waiting all day in the lobby, I was told the following: Coolant was leaking from bottom radiator hose. I expected the dealership not to have parts for my car on their shelves, but what I didn't expect, the dealership would not even order me one from an after market vendor. Dealership refused to fix the leak. I think its safe to say, if they didn't have a hose, they most likely don't have any parts for my car, which they will not order for me as well!
Was told the mechanic could not duplicate the problem with my car locking and unlocking itself, which was just a nice way of telling me they didn't know how to fix the problem.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Lake Forest, CA I told advisor, I could walk back to the service bay and duplicate the problem in a heartbeat. Was never offered the opportunity to go back there though!
Was told there was nothing wrong with my stick shift getting into reverse . That was an insult as far as I'm concerned. I've been driving manual transmission cars for forty some years! When you have to struggle a minute or more, to get your car in reverse, that's not normal! This was just another excuse. The truth is, they didn't know how to fix the six-speed ZF transmission.
What saddens me? I have a collector's edition corvette, that I thought was produced in sincerity for collectors, by GM. Yes, I feel that GM has betrayed me. Why would you build a car, that you can't support? Whatever happened to the Heartbeat of America? How can the top executives of GM be so non-caring about SUPPORTING what they sale?
More General Motors Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service 
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar 
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration 
- General Motors - a/c issues 
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights 
- General Motors Corporation - 2016 buick enclave vin5gakvckd9gj187188
- General Motors Corporation - 2018 chevrolet traverse - rail dust/brake dust
- General Motors Corporation - 2011 gmc terrain
- General Motors Corporation - part replacement of same part within 10 months
- General Motors Corporation - 2015 chevrolet z71