General Motors Corporation / gm takata airbag recall

1 Detroit, MI, United States

Today (10/11/2018), I submitted a complaint to the NHTSA, as follows:
"Takata Recall - received NHTSA recall #2049151 GM # 16V381, in 2016. I've called McKinney TX GMC Buick numerous times over the past 2 years & have been told repeatedly that parts are not available. Today I called & spoke with a GM REP (ph# [protected]). I was told that MY particular VIN is not included in the recall & is safe to drive (he read me a long statement that I'm sure GM tells them to read). This is the first time, after TWO YEARS & numerous calls with my dealer & GM, that anyone mentioned this. When I asked him why, when I enter my VIN in their website search, it says my vehicle IS at risk, he couldn't answer. Since receiving the original notice over 2 years ago, I've purposely limited the miles driven on my 10-yr-old truck, BECAUSE of their recall letter. Now, they're saying the letter was wrong, but they're not willing to send me something stating that. I have ZERO faith in what that GM rep told me, & I'm really hesitant to drive my vehicle on the highway.
Please advise if my vehicle is, indeed safe to drive, or whether I need to continue pursuing GM for repairs. If they can put safe airbags in a new truck, why can't they put one in mine?"

Ja