General Motors Corporation / credit reporting mistake not corrected
GM Financial has damaged my credit. From August until November of 2016, GMF reported to TransUnion, Equifax and Experian that I was "on time" with my payments for a car loan, HOWEVER, GMF reported I was late in December 2016 and January 2017. For a loan supposedly opened in August 2016?
Trouble is: I DID have a GMF loan in 1994 and it was paid off a DECADE ago!
I found out the VIN for the car in question. It was involved in a California "lemon law" lawsuit! GMF was forced to take it back! BUT best of all: I was NEVER in possession of the vehicle in question... EVER. I NEVER even physically touched the vehicle in the erroneous GMF report!
Plus, I NEVER paid GMF on the loan they were reporting! This was NEVER my loan! The report that I was "on time" with payments was incorrect also, again, I NEVER paid GMF on the loan they were reporting to the credit bureaus!
I did and still do have a loan from a CREDIT UNION, for a car of a completely different YEAR and manufacturer than GMF claims!
I opened that one and ONLY vehicle loan in the SPRING of 2016 with a CREDIT UNION, not GMF. I never asked GMF for a loan on my car, I applied with my credit union ONLY! I have not owned two vehicles since a divorce in 2014.
TransUnion has removed the erroneous GMF report from my credit report, however the other two "clown" credit bureaus refuse. GMF is of no help.
More General Motors Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service 
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar 
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration 
- General Motors - a/c issues 
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights 
- General Motors Corporation - 2016 buick enclave vin5gakvckd9gj187188
- General Motors Corporation - 2018 chevrolet traverse - rail dust/brake dust
- General Motors Corporation - 2011 gmc terrain
- General Motors Corporation - part replacement of same part within 10 months
- General Motors - electrical/sensors