General Motors / disrespect

I work for general motors and was trying to deliver parts to people on the line building cars the way that were suposed to and i could'nt do it because there was to much work on the job. My boss came and told me " You don't go home till you pull 7 carts" everyone else can but you. Everyone else does it wrong. Their not doing it by the job element standards that the union and management set up (GMS Standards) which I am. well I was cussed at, treated like dirt in front of other management and never asked why or what we could do to help this problem. All that mattered was that the parts were delivered so the cars could get built. GM does not care about anyone but them selves. Iv'e worked for GM for 15yrs and It's the worst atmosphere and management I have ever experienced in my life. No concideration for anyone. It doesn't matter how bad your situation is or what has happened, that car will get built one way or another. I will never buy another GM vehical ever again in my life and urge you to do the same. They treat us like slime. GM is just another sweat shop with no union to back you up anymore. very disappointed GM worker...

Comments

13th of Jan, 2011

Every one needs to be employed somewhere - jobs are hard to find. I'm sorry you have to work where you do. Hopefully you'll be able to find a job with an hones employer. Seriously, you know GM's all about making money, not quality vehicles.