General Motors / 2005 gmc envoy

1 Kokomo, IN, United States

I was involved in an automobile accident where I hit a vehicle head on and was also hit on the front passenger side. There was frame damage and the entire front of the Envoy was damaged as well as there was damage to the front passenger side door. At that moment I had my 13 year old son with me in the car. With the substantial damage done to the front and passenger side of the car I would have thought that the airbags would have deployed. I hit the other car so hard that it removed the other car's rear tire and bent the rotor so that it was facing the car's trunk. Still the airbags on the Envoy did not deploy. This is a major safety issue with the Envoy. Because of the damage done to the frame, the Envoy is not driveable. I need to hear from someone on how they intend to fix this large safety issue with this vehicle as the failure of the airbags to deploy could have killed both me and my son. I am extremely angry that this safety feature which is one of the reasons I purchased this vehicle, failed to protect me or my son.

Kg