General Electric Company / bad service
In Nov. 2007, I purchased a General Electric Profile washer and dryer from a local appliance store. About two weeks after installation, I had to call the local store to report that the washer was leaking, and had it replaced. Months later, the replaced washer began making a loud humming noise during the wash and rinse cycle. I immediately called the local store to resolve the matter. I requested to have the appliances replaced, which the store was willing to do but it would cost me a 20% restocking fee. Since I was not willing to lose money on products that failed me and I contacted GE's Chairman Office to intervene by supplementing the loss.
In response, I received a call from Mary Beth Culver in the executive office and was told that they would only inspect and repair the appliance, and extend my warranty by six months. After experiencing problems with two separate washers, I found the proposed resolution ridiculous and unacceptable and I refused to have brand new appliances repaired. Next the dryer began making scrapping sounds. I contacted the Attorney General Office and the BBB for assistance with my entire situation. I received another call from Ms. Culver, noting that I've never received anything in writing from the company, stating that I have to have a technician inspect the appliances. I had an appointment scheduled for 12/20/08 from 8am to 5pm, a technician never called or showed.
I trusted the GE product name; however, my faith in GE products has significantly diminished because within five months of having two brand new GE washing machines both required service calls and now I have problems with the dryer. I purchased GE products based on the construction and durability that the name stands for. I hoped that GE will stand behind its products and assist consumers like me that have relied on the company for many years to produce products with a solid build. However, the products I purchased failed to perform and GEâ��s response is not reasonable.
By posting this complaint, I want other consumers to be aware of the problems I experienced with the GE Profile products, so that they can make informed decisions when it comes to using their buying power.
More General Electric Company Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric - dishwasher model gowf100v5ww serial number zz805229b
- General Electric - ge french door refrigerator
- General Electric - ge profile front loader washer and dryer
- General Electric - brand new washing machine already broken