Geico / auto vehicle accident claim

Chicago, IL, US Review updated:

I had accident with hit n run. My car parked on the street. My policy number is [protected]. And the my claim number is
[protected] and i did claim. I gave them all information about police report and person vehicle who struck my car and they don't get insurance even they give me hard time to cover my vehicle damage under my uninsured motorists property damage deductible. still they ask me same question how happens... who hit your car. I am not investigater that i can give information. This their job jon after i gave them all detail. Because I was in my home when accident occurred. Also in police report, they can see all sufficient information which they need.

Vi
Mar 31, 2017

Comments

• Ni
      Apr 03, 2017

well as far as the Uninsured motorist goes, I am not sure what state you are in so there are different guidelines per state of when it can be used and how it can be used. Second part of this is, when an insurance company gets a police report number it can several weeks to get a copy of the report because it has to be ordered and then it has to be mailed to Geico. Sometimes insurance ask for the customer to get a copy because it will be quicker and their isn't a delay. Moreover their seems to be stuff missing if they are calling you asking you the same questions, or the information given is incorrect/inaccurate so they will want to check for keying errors because they are people who make mistakes as well. It also could be that the other party is denying they ever hit you vehicle or if an insurance company was found and they are trying to file a claim for you they may need more info to get that claim set up. Contrary to popular belief insurance companies cant just tap into to police reports and talk with police as we are not interested parties in the accident so they don't give out information freely, insurance companies also don't have many legal authorities to do a lot of things.