Geek Squad / expensive and dumb
Geeze, what a bunch a dopes.
Purchased a desktop PC, thing broke, under extended warrenty. Bad graphics card, the Geeks 'fixed' it and then for who knows what reason installed Vista.
Only it did not have Vista to begin with and we did not want Vista. So at home I installed XP and deleated Vista.
Week later the hard drive failed, and now it was not covered by the factory warrenty since the Geeks work the first time voided the factory warrenty.
My data would be lost unless I paid the $160. oo to get it from the failed disk.
Told them screw the data I had CD back-ups.
So they replaced the drive and of course they re-installed Vista. When I complained they said they would have to charge me to install XP.
Why I asked since you installed the wrong OS not me. Policy they said.
"Hmmm so your policy is to screw things up then charge the customer for your mistake?" I asked. Geek shrugged and said he had no choice but to charge.
I asked to speake to the manager, who told me my PC came with Vista and that is why they installed it.
So I showed him the invoice from them for the box and under OS it said XP. His reply, sorry it is our Policy to charge for the re-installation of an OS. 15 min of talk and nothing. They would not budge.
So it is now our policy to never set foot into any of their stores again.
More Geek Squad Complaints & Reviews
- Geek Squad - geek squad - is a total rip off! 
- Geek Squad - phone insurance 
- Best Buy/geek Squad - tv repair took forever 
- Best Buy / Geek Squad - laptop repair 
- Best Buy Geek Squad - the geek squad really sucks! 
- Geek Squad - tv warranty 
- Geek Squad - home theater installation
- Geek Squad - my vizio e700i-b3 70" tv
- Geek Squad - service order # 01452-3057-4833 
- Geek Squad/Best Buy - installation