Geek Squad / computer repair

1 Best Buy Bay Pakwy. Brooklyn, NYBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-265-6950

I took my computer to the Geek Squad at Best Buy hoping for a good experience. Truth is... it was awful! The "agents" have NO customer service skills, very little computer skills, could not tell me what they had actually done to my computer, could not tell me when it would be ready, and could not answer the most basic computer questions. I was told my computer would take five days to repair and now four weeks later I still do not have my computer back! The worst part, I was asked to pay upfront for "diagnostic and repair." Problem is, no repairs have actually been made, they are trying to charge me even more money (on top of the $215 I've already paid) and they did not actually repair anything. Geek Squad is awful. Do not take your computer repair to Geek Squad.

Ka

Comments

Ag
  3rd of Oct, 2008

Don't trust your computer with a "big Chain." Look in your yellow pages for local shops - the small guys who actually care about their customers and who often work much harder to help you out.

Su
  4th of Oct, 2008

i GOT TOSHBIA LAPTOP FROM BESTBUY I TOOK IT UP ABOUT 4 TIME STILL HAVEN'T GOTTON IT FIX MY BATTERY WONT CHARGE UP AND MY TRACK PAD DONT WORK AND THE Y SAID IT DONT COVER THAT AND I GOT 3 YR WARANTY ON IT.Geek sqad sucks

Bo
  11th of Dec, 2008

i only been a geek squad member for a short time. I can tell you that you have every reason to be angry. the geek squad are not certified no formal schooling nothing. the agent gimmick is a rouse to get you to buy. I can also tell you that geek squad does not know how to do a spyware/virus removal. they hook your pc up to the internet and let some yahoo from india fix it. its called agent jonny utah. so there goes your privacy. also if you want pictures on how the back room where ur computer is stored or material that u have a warranty is kept i will be more than willing to show the public what goes on behind closed doors

Ja
  8th of Mar, 2010

I took my (fairly) new Toshiba Laptop to the Geek Squad to have a virus removed, with all the confidence in the world that this well known company could solve my problems.
From all I've heard of this company it made all the sense in the world to go there.
I took it in on a Tuesday and over a WEEK later I still hadnt had my machine back.
I had to call the store to see when I could get my fixed computer, they tossed around the phone from person to person as though they were playing hot potato and I finally spoke with a "member of management" (who had to be no older than 18) who informed me that my computer should be ready within "a couple days".

This was ridiculous.
Finally nearly 2 weeks later I got my computer back (after paying nearly 300 dollars).
THE VIRUS WAS STILL ON THE COMPUTER!
Are you kidding!!!?

A coworker of mine told me about a site he'd used called www.SecureRemoteSupport.com
He said they were a smaller company but very efficient and friendly.
These guys answered my call on the third ring, spoke to me so I understood what they were saying and provided me with unbeatable service.
My computer was fixed within two hours and I havent had any problems since.
If any problems arise I know who I'll turn to.