GE MONEY / Scam you to get finance charges!

Please do not use this company. I am a very responsible person and have never complained about loan procedures before. GE tried everything they could to collect finance charges from me. I disputed a service, they told me to dispute it as a billing error. I told them it was a quality of service issue. They insisted I call it a billing error. I disputed the charges and was told that I did not dispute the charges in the time limit allowed for a billing error.

I resubmitted a dispute as a quality of service issue and waited two weeks for a response. I called them and was told they did not receive the second dispute. After about 20 minutes and a request to speak to management, I was finally told that the time limit for a dispute for quality of service had expired. Today, I now have 4 days to get a payment to them or face 22.98% finance charge for the last year. I will wire the money and let you know if I get the same response that others have had from this company. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau. If you have problems with GE money, you should complain too.

What a bunch of bull. Don't go there!!!

Rh

Comments

• Ji
      12th of Sep, 2007

I had the same problem with GE Money. They charged me $35 per month for a late fee, even tho I had paid $207 every month, prior to the due date (my minimum payment was $26). I contacted a customer service representative, and she told me that I should pay closer attention to the terms of the agreement, which were on the back of the bill. She said it said that I could not pay early; but when I read thru the terms, nowhere on it did it say I could not pay early. So I have been taken for the past 6 months. I paid the account off in full today, once i realized what a ripoff this company is. Please take your business elsewhere! Do not use GE Money!

• Tn
      26th of Sep, 2007

Ok all I heard in that whole post was. Dispute.. pffft..dispute..dispute.. pff..disp..
    Stop trying to sound technical. Why didn't you just get a supervisor on the phone - someone is there that is competent enough to help you, and go ahead and stand in line with the complaints with BBB on Ge Money.

they had over 2000 complaints from people just like you that just don't want to pay their bill and they're still in business.

So..
    Quityer[censored]en.

7th of Nov, 2007

Your saying people don't want to pay their bills. Sometimes other things come first. Having a place to live. Or you don't think of that do you?