GE MONEY / Missing cheques!

1 India Review updated:

These guys are not sparing any customers. I have used car loan running with this GE Money. I paid Rs. 18,520 in cash for last 4 installments. I also paid Rs. 500 as the swapping charges of cheques besides 18 cheques of my Sydicate bank account. I made the payments on April 4, 2007 and the money was not credited to my account till may 2,2007. I went to their Pitam Pura office, then the money was credited after I spent more than 4 hrs there. They also promised me that my next cheque will hit my new account but... did not appeared as yet. I already closed my last ABN AMRO account. Two days back collection guy called me and used a foul language, because they presented the old cheque in old account. Now I am worried about my 18 cheques those I gave from my new account.

Is someone knows Mr. Vishal Pandit's contact details (CEO & President, GE Money India) ??... pls give me... because let us know him what kind of fraud are being done by his colleagues.

Comments

• Pu
      1st of Jun, 2007

I can understand that!!! Imagine for a loan of 6 lakhs against my property of 32 lakhs these guys took 5 harrowing months!!! Mr Suresh Raina Team Leader Pritampura (Subhash Place) Sucks big time!!! They call them professional... i call them Bufoons!!! PEOPLE... GE MONEY SUCKS... BIGTIME!!! I'll make sure everyone knows that!!!

• Fu
      6th of Jun, 2007

Got talked into this 0% credit card to cover medical bills. Wasn't aware that if I did not pay off by the end of the promotional rate I would have to back pay all of $2,432.00 in interest. But planning on doing so all along saved me from that little bit of "fine print" news.

I sent the money 4 weeks b4 it was due just to prevent any mishaps. Thank god I did as they seemed to have LOST my payment so I sent another check which also seemed to take forever to post. I strongly believe this was in the hopes of my not paying it off so they could add the additional fee.

It's been over a month and they are still holding almost 4K of my money. Every time I call they have a different excuse. Today they claimed this was my first call; I should have called b4 (if I was that anxious). DUH! Then they got rude because I was upset when they insisted I never called before!

In all my years of overpaying, I have always gotten my refund immediately. Matter of fact, been told they cannot hold my money even though I insist as I know I'll have another balance before long. Yet GE Money seems to think they have every right to my money for 90 WORKING days; unless I call to request my refund. Then I can have it within 30 working days.

Trying to complain via email is a joke as is their website! So sent a letter via snailmail as I’m sure whoever I talked to today has no intention of mailing my money. I can almost guarantee the next time I call they’ll have no record of today’s call either!

Stay away from these scammers.

• Hr
      9th of Aug, 2007

I am totally agree the complain regarding GE Money. The government should ban GE Money operation in India.

• Ps

Trichy-620102
    DOB 14-06-1971
    Respected Sir,
    I am Your customer for passed two years.,I have repaid 28 Dues of 30 dues.,
    According to my repayment I was Requested to vivt GEMONEY office at Trichy.ON request I
    Went to GEMONEY Office and submitted my records and application.
    On application and record I was selected for FI.FI representative Visited my
    Business place & made investigation recording my records. But the representative never visited
    My house for FI but he collected some wrong records from their friends and submitted the wrong
    Information to GEMONEY as my FI report.
    My Application was rejected. My application was represented again.The same
    Process and same report by FI.Since the seconfd time the same report was submitted My
    Application was totallly rejected,If I have produced wrong information I might have tried to make it true But the proof for address which I gave was true.I no need to make it true so I left it.But the FI who came prepared some wrong information again.
    If GEMONEY couldn’t provide me loan the authority may be on the open hearted.
    But the blam goes to FI report & they became a clean person. If you think that the record which i
    Submitted is wrong you can take any action againts me else you better take action againt the FI
    Report who produced wrongly.
    Please hear the words of customers.If the customer repeatedly gives the same id
    & address proof accept him.dont make them to produce wrong proof .I was force to produced
    Some other ID proof since I refused my loan was fully rejected.Please make visit for my house on your indiviual persons.if any one doesn’t repay won’t you go directly to their house for collection
    Please think such that and please visit my house.
    Sorry for my words.,
    Thanking You.,
    Yours Faithfully

P.Senthil Velu,Trichy

• Sh
      26th of Jun, 2008

These people are really not sparing any of their customers... My mother was paying the car installment for the last few years, suddenly on the last week of june 2008 we recieved a legal notice from their advocate ordering us to pay a certain amount saying that our cheque got bounced, when asked GE monet they informed that the cheque for the month of april got bounced... we went to pay the amount to pitam pura where we asked that why were'nt we informed about this earlier so that we could have come and payed the amount in april itself...we were sent to this very not so polite person Mr. Pankaj of the collection dept.when asked that why were'nt informed by him as he was the only person dealing with that, (this was not the first time even last year unfortunately one of the cheque got bounced and we recieved a call from the GE Money informing us about it and one of the guy came and personally collected the amount) his response to this was shocking...he said..." yeah we didnt inform you...but you will have to pay the whole amount". Our question is that if we were informed earlier we would have paid the amount much earlier and without the interest of two months... if this company has recuited someone specially to inform the customers and Mr. Pankaj has this responsilbility then why will he not do his duty properly? WHY THE HELL... we will pay pay the interst amount of two months coz of his negligence?I think such irresponsible people dont deserve to work for this company... who outrightly deny their responsibilty and dont have any manners of talking to elderly people... his last words were..."yes i did not inform you but better pay the amount... coz at the end you will have to pay".

• Sh
      23rd of Nov, 2008

sir, iam praticing in advocate at kulithalai karur i want legal advisor job in ur bank i will do d best in my professional pls contact my mobile no 9894187110

• Co
      15th of Feb, 2010

GE MONEY & LOEWS FINANCIAL have been harassing me for the past several weeks attempting to collect a debt for an account holder with the same first and last name as mine, but is not me, nor my debt. First of all, I have never applied for a LOEWS credit card, nor have I ever owned one. I am not even a home owner, so not much home improvement going on at my place by me. I originally received a letter attempting to collect a debt in the amount of $935.00. I was surprised to receive the letter knowing I had never owned or applied for services through GE, or LOEWS. That day I ran my credit (and paid the credit site fees out of pocket) to see if someone had stolen my identity and was attempting to use my information to obtain services and credit. I was pleased to find that nothing was reporting to my credit from LOEWS or GE MONEY. I then called GE MONEY & LOEWS FINANCIAL at the number posted on the letter. I informed them that I didn't think they had the correct individual, and they asked to confirm my social security number. I gave them the last 4 digits, which DID NOT match the SS# they had in their collection records. I then asked to confirm the additional information on the account to see if they had my phone number, or address. According to the rep, they additional information did not match mine either. She stated that it appeared to be a mix up, and that they most likely found my information through "skip tracing" and that she would remove my info and note on the account what she had found. I then wrote what she had advised me to on the letter and returned it as instructed. She stated I SHOULDN'T be getting any more mail or communication regarding the matter. I felt like matters had been addressed accordingly and gave it no more thought, until...

I received yet another letter, and another, and another in the same week. All four letters came after our conversation, so I assumed they were already in the mail, called GE MONEY to tell them that I was still getting mail and send the additional letters back as I did the first time exactly as they instructed me to. Again, the rep told me I shouldn't be getting any more letters, and that she had COMPLETELY removed my info from their system (which apparently didn't match what they had on record, that they magically denied having every time I called about the letters).

So, the next week I was happy to see that no more letters came from GE MONEY or LOEWS FINANCIAL. However, at this time they started in with the harassing phone calls. So, I had finally gotten the letter issue handled and they started calling me instead. The issue I have here is that I gave them my phone information so they wouldn't call me, and then I started getting calls, so it was easy to assume that they had started using the information I gave them to continue to harass me for a debt that isn't even owed by me, or anyone I know. I nicely requested each time they called me that they review their notes on the account and that they kindly see that I stop getting these types of calls, and that it was getting pretty old after having received an average of 4 calls a day to my cell phone over the course of the week. Each time I got a new rep who called me, I told them the same thing, and was as polite as I could be (not my typical reaction to these mistakes, but I was trying to be nice). Each time I was assured that my information was out of their system, and that they have no record of me in it, and that I wouldn't be receiving any more calls to my cell phone. At that time, I was under the impression that things were handled and that I wouldn't be getting any more calls. Not so lucky...

The next week, and weekend. I was again surprised (getting harder though since now nothing would surprise me from these people) to get another call, this time it was on my home phone, which I don't even give out or use for any reason. The other funny thing, is that my phone bill for my house isn't even in my name, it's in my roommates name. I was literally steaming as I was trying to spend Valentines Day with my sweetheart and during our movie, the damn COMCAST caller id kept popping up saying it's GE MONEY calling. Arggg. At this point I had had enough from these people, and felt like it was not borderline harassment anymore, but was now full-fledged harassment. I immediately phoned the number that was calling. I asked to speak with a supervisor, got a new person, asked to speak with their supervisor. When I finally got to the person who told me they were as high as I could go, I explained what was happening (basically everything I wrote above) and that I was not happy at this point about the way this matter was being dealt with. I then told the rep that if I got even ONE MORE call, period, that I was going to write reviews and pursue the harassment by any means necessary including via my State's Attorney General (Rob McKenna), the Better Business Bureau (BBB), the FTC and Online through review sites, blogs, forums, Twitter, Youtube, etc. and any other way I could find. She nicely listened to my rant and assured me that AGAIN, FOR THE TENTH TIME, that I WOULDN'T receive any more calls, either on my cell or at home. And that after 30 minutes I FOR SURE wouldn't be getting any more calls to any of my numbers. She also attempted to transfer me to the Fraud Dept. so that I could have them investigate the matter form their end. I am not sure why she suggested that, but figured any one I could get to remove my information on their end would be better than taking their word for it. So, during the transfer I got cut off, had to phone back and wait forever to get back where I was. Finally got through and turns out the Fraud Dept isn't even open on weekends. I decided to give them one more chance at this point and went on with my Valentines Day. Did not get any more calls thank heavens.

First thing on Monday, I phoned the Fraud Dept. to follow up with what the rep and I had spoken about on Sunday. I got on with a very nice gal at the Fraud Dept. that was nice and seemed very helpful. She informed me that it wasn't Fraud, that it was a mix up due to the fact that they skip trace for information that may or may not match information they have on record for their accounts. She kept using the word skip trace. To me this whole scenario seemed weird. And had never had anything like that happen before in my 28 years. She also assured me that my info would be cleared on her end, and that I shouldn't be getting any more calls, unless they run another skip trace and end up with my information again. I told her that wasn't acceptable, and if they were going to use random information like that, that they needed to have a way of removing information that was deemed to be invalid for their actual account holder, that way, people like me wouldn't be getting harassed like I had been. She said she couldn't do anything and that she had removed my information and that I need not worry about calls.

Less than 30 minutes later, on Monday I got another call from GE MONEY and LOEWS FINANCIAL on my cell phone. "Are you kidding me?" I asked. Needless to say, I was not nice to the last person, I told them that this call was the straw that broke it for me, and that I was going to follow through with my promise to report them, review them, and plaster my story all over the Internet. So, that's what I'm doing. I usually don't even write reviews online, nor do I have time to do such things. I just really feel like this is all wrong and that if I don't speak up it might continue to happen to me, and others out there.

If you find yourself in a similar situation with GE MONEY and LOEWS FINANCIAL don't wait as long as I did to start speaking up. Seriously, I tried to be nice and it doesn't cut it with these collection people. If I were you, and had it to do over again, I would have reported it to my State's Attorney General, BBB, FTC and all over the Internet from the beginning. Take my work for it, the squeaky wheel tends to get the grease.