GE Money Bank / personal loan

1 VA, United States Review updated:

They have gotten me as well! The representatives do not have recollection of what they tell me ~ in other words they don't keep it logged in their computer. I was told that due to hardship that I could have a lower payment. The following month I made that lower payment and that's when the calls began! They tacked on an additional almost $500 for late fees. I called and thought that I could rectify the situation but sadly, I was mistaken. They said that there was no way that I had been told that I could have lower payments because I did not qualify for a hardship. I asked if they could tell me why and they refused. I asked to speak to a supervisor, they said that was not possible. I have been through a HUGE ordeal with them and my credit report is taking a hit. I am interested in other people's issues with this company and any class action lawsuits that may be pending. This has created major stress for me and has upset me to the point that I am ready to sue.

Comments

• Ba
      10th of Mar, 2010

I have had a personal loan with GE for 3 years and have NEVER been late or missed a payment. I always pay more than the minimum. Last month I did not receive a statement;we did not get some of our mail due to a change of postal carriers and this was apparantly one of them. I do not use online bill pay. Anyway, I got a call from them whem my payment was about 3 days late (unknowingly to me) and of course was shocked, but payed the amount over the phone. The rep. even offered to remove my late fee, which I thought was nice. BUT, a couple of days later I was informed my account had been closed!!!
    Excuse me? For ONE late by 3 days payment? I couldn't believe it. I am in the process of trying to get some kind of explanation for this. Ridiculous! I am furious.