Ge Money Bank / Care Credit / Charges for services not rendered

I went to a dentist and he sold me an appliance that never fit me.

I had to go to another dentist and pay more money. Now GE Money still wants me to pay $1000.00 for something I couldn't use. Plus they have upped the interest rate even though I made payments. I really hate the way they do business.

Comments

• Ke
      18th of Sep, 2007

HOW can we get a class action going against them?

I joined Results Weight Loss in SW Florida, they signed me up for credit with GE Money Bank / Care Credit for a (1) year program. Charged all in full - up front.

I went to RWL twice, so I am not not have I receved a years worth of services and or some of teh product I am paying for.

I went to Care Credit, I was told I should not pay for services that I am not receiving, I was sent out a dispute form in June which I sent back, in June and they just sent me a letter telling me that my dispute was submitted more than 60 days after the first billing cycle.

CRAP!!!!

These people are thieves and they need to be stopped.

We need to have some type of resouces to help us.

If you know of any way, do email me.

• Ka
      11th of Mar, 2008

I hate care credit. Just called them yesterday to see if they would work with me on the unexpected deferred interest... Nope... They are jerks.

• Ad
      12th of Aug, 2008

I hate them, too. They want you to go online for everything, but their Web site is painfullly slow!

My account with them is very new. I thought you just made payments every month and as long as you paid the right amount by the end of your free-financing period, you were good. I made four payments that got there each month around the 8th. Turns out, my due date was the 1st. It is clear that my intention was to make regular monthly payments. I also paid well above the minimum amount. However, after checking my paper statements (which, luckily I still receive) I noticed I was getting a $39 fee each month.

They said they could only credit one of the $39 late fees I received--as a courtesy.

I guess the only leverage I have against them is to close my account. Luckily, I'm in a position to pay off my balance (minus their fees) and close it. I am surprised they'd rather lose an account and irritate a customer than credit a 39 fee.

• Kt
      19th of Aug, 2008

You need to take that return up with your dentist.
    Go back to them and get your refund you will
    have to DEMAND satisfaction or you will get nothing.
    They made money off a product that does not work.

as far as carecredit goes make your payments on time.
    do not incure intrest payments or they will make
    more on your teeth than the dentist.

root canals? Its cheaper to pull them !

• Pi
      1st of Oct, 2008

Just left a comment on an other site in regards to them...It was a site called pissed consumers and we are very much not the only ones that have a problem with care credit. Here was my post:

I had almost the same issue as Martha except it was a paperless issue...so much for trying to save paper! I've been paying almost all my bills online for years and yes I READ THE FINE PRINTS. After not receiving 2 statements I went straight to the website to see what was going on only to realize I was past due on one payment and was about to be past due on the second one. I immediately went to make a payment and the only option I was given was to do auto payment which I later found out will only go into affect 30 days later. After still signing up to auto payment just to be safe I awaited a confirmation stating the payment was received.

I get a call the following day by an "unknown" number saying I was due on my bills and had a conversation with a "sam" reading obviously a script and no clue about anything else thanks to the oh so common outsourcing. After explaining my end of the deal he did confirm that the records would show the payment on his end later that day. 15 days later (yesterday, when I was in the hospital with a ivy stuck to my arm!) I get an unknown number call but was obviously not able to answer and no message was left. They then choose to call my co-signers WORK number rather than his cell number...like every other PROFESSIONAL company opts to do first! Upon getting out of the hospital today I find out what happened and still woozy and now pissed off I call the idiots working the "customer service" to get by far the worst service I've gotten yet.

After talking to idiot number one and being called a liar (oh yes...it's true)...went on to talking to the supervisor, hereon referred to as idiot number 2. With more of a scripted conversation and now me being officially furious the conversation went on to him questioning my ability to read, refusing to let me speak to his supervisor, name calling from his end, raising my blood pressure to a very unhealthy level, no remorse or apology from his end about the problems dealt with his website, refusal to explain why my payment wasn't processed even though my bank account sure as *** got charged for it and why I still have to now pay a late fee regardless. One more issue from them and I will have my lawyer involved since all the transactions online is recorded as well as the conversation over the phone. Idiots.

• Qs
      21st of Jan, 2009

Oh my god i thought i was the only one dealing with these non-sense people. Believe it or not i have been trying to get a refund for a year now and no one is helping what so ever. I went to the american laser center which actually are the ones that applied for care credit. I told them i am going out of the country for a few months so i dont want to charge anything right now i just want information on services and charges. so the manager made all the paperwork for me and said i didnt have to pay for it right now i could just fill out the paperwork so when i decide to start the procedure i would get the same rate instead of something more expensive. She sujested that care credit offers 0% financing and if i have good credit i might be approved for that. I again told her that I dont want to be charged for it right now because i will not be in the country for 6 to 8 months. She said just apply for it and if you are approved you can charge it when you come back. Next thing I know I got a bill from Care credit for $6500.00. So then i went back to the american laser center and told the manager who charged this amount and why was i sent the card with an amount already charged to it. She assured me they would refund me and said that she cant refund me herself the regional manager would. Two days after I went to see her and I found out she has been fired. My flight was the next day and I gave all the info to my mom and left. My mom went to them every month and paid the card every month because not only did they refuse to refund me they said if she didnt pay on time every month they would sent it to the collection agency and that would ruin my credit.
    When I finally came back in the country 7 months later I went to them and explained the whole thing to the new manager and she said that our services are non-refundable. I told her that is fine but the manager here told me she would refund me because I never charged the service. Then she kept saying the regional manager is not available. Then she changed her story and said you have to call care credit and file a dispute with them not us. So then I called care credit and filed a dispute. American laser center sent them a receipt for the charge that doesnt even have my signature on it and yet care credit sent me a letter saying the dispute has been decided in the merchants favor. If i didnt sign the receipt and someone else at the laser center did then how is it in thier favor?? Also the so called proof they sent of my service being used is for a different package. I didnt even dispute that one!! To top it all off now that it has been a year and I am still calling both of them to get a refund for this non-sense the 0% financing ended so this month I got the new bill with a $1400.00 finance charge on it. Have they lost thier minds!!!
    I am totally pissed off and have searched for hours online and realized there are more than 100 other complaints about both american laser center and care credit. The only person that ever got a refund was a man who contacted his local newspaper and got them involved. Now i have contacted a lawyer and I am also finding out which news channel helps consumer disputes and going to them with this. I'm paying thousands of dollars for something i've never used and which should have been refunded a year ago! I'm also going to find out if a class action can be filed because so many people are wanting to do the same thing!!!

• Nu
      20th of Feb, 2009

Got stuck in a chiropractic scam, where Care Credit funded the useless process. No help from the treatment. And the unbelievable interest rates and late fees.
    They are truely bloodsuckers.
    I only i could spread the work more!
    Stay away from Care Credit, GE Money Back.

• Be
      22nd of May, 2009

I have been paying monthly for Account Security Insurance through GE Bank/Care Credit along with my charged payments since august 2009 just incase I lose my job due to health or any other reason. I started a new job January 5, 2009 and lost my job January 12, 2009 due to work related injuries/illness. I had my primary physician fill out and send 3 X one of their insurance forms that stated that I was still injured/ailing and may not be able to return to work for a year of more. They are still today sending me a bill that should have been paid off. I have sent an e-mail to my state attorney general to help investigate why they are not covering my bill. I have borrowed money to keep paying up till now. I have always had good credit and paid my bill on time. I fear that GE Bank / Care Credit will be ruining my credit rating, becuase of their neglect.

• Ta
      29th of Jun, 2009

Number240 -
    Chiropractic scam? Please explain. Although there are all types of chiropractors just as there are all types of businessman, salesman, dentists, doctors, stores, etc, I would like to hear what you mean by a "scam"? I am not very familiar with CareCredit, but chiropractic will work if you have a chiropractic problem. Do you have other medical conditions? Chiropractic will help you, but I know you do have to listen to your chiropractor and follow their care plan. If you stop early or don't go as they tell you, how do you expect to get better? It's like if you went to an orthodontist and only would wear your braces for a few days/weeks instead of the whole time they told you to wear them. Get it? Chiropractic works and if you do have a problem, talk to your chiropractor because I just hate seeing anyone talk poorly about chiropractic.
    Best wishes for health and happiness!

• Fi
      28th of Apr, 2010

Obviously you are all financially challenged, incompetent, and completely ignorant. You are the "at risk" demographic that most likely has a poor credit score because you don't pay your bills on time or not at all. You are the reason why the ecomony is in the state it is in, the irresponsible group of individuals that causes banks to have to charge fees. If you knew anything then you would know that due to the credit card act of 2009 the federal regulates the interest rates the banks charge and yes they have gone up as have the min monthly payments. The Government has made many changes in hopes to make Americans be more financially responsible than they have been in the past. Basically the government has had to babysit you all and that has caused a negative impact to the rest of the Americans that do pay their bills on time. So we have to pay for your stupidity. If you are dumb enough to sign a contract without reading the small print or realizing that the bank has nothing to do with the practice with whom you made the choice to go to without doing your homework and render services then you really do deserve the highest fees and finance charges.

• Fi
      28th of Apr, 2010

Also to you Bent, if you were smart enough to read the actual terms then you would have realized that the account security you paid for is not provided by GE MONEY. Most account security programs are provided by a completely separate company than the bank granting you credit.

You may want to use spell check before posting a comment for now on.