GE Money Bank / This company is ripping people off!

I had Dental work done with in a two week period. The bill $10k each time was submitted separately. This month we received a bill from GE indicating they had charged my account a 3k finance chg for a promotional fee that had to have been paid by 01/17. The new bill totally NEW format came in Jan. and it was the first time ever that these charges were highlighted. I called and asked if I could pay the whole amount off today, because in feb 02/07 They're hitting me with another $5k. I spoke with a supervisor Brock. He was extremely rude. I indicated I plan on writing to the President of the company, since as far as I am concerned there are very misleading on the promotional fee charges. If we hadn't caught this we would have been paying a 26% interest fee. Back dated 18 months. The way the program was described to me was that there was no interest until after 18 mo. WHAT A RIP OFF.

Comments

Ga
  11th of Jul, 2007

I am being victimize by ge money bank 40% interest,finance charge1700.00 plus interest on the monthly payments. Victims unite to take action against this fraud,please contact me or advise.

Ge
  23rd of Jul, 2007

I made a payment on the internet, but instead of $400.00, $4000.00 was sent. When I called to stop this payment I was told by the supervisor in India "Carol Smith" that "the system cannot stop electronic transfers". I was told that since my balance was only $1000.00 "They would send me a check for $3000.00 and I would have to wait to get my money. I asked to speak to someone above Carol Smith and she informed me that there was "no one else to talk to". I would think that a company as large as GE would be using State of the Art systems by now, or is this another way to rip off the consumer? I know I'll never do business with a company that uses GE Money Bank ever again.

Me

El Paso, TX 79998-1064

Phone 877-969-7566

Mi
  28th of Jan, 2009

I was approved for a Walmart Credit card last year with a credit line of $3, 000! I used the card only twice and kept the balance at ZERO and my card expired. Walmart has me apply for the card again and this time I get a letter from GE Money Bank with a check mark next to a box that says: If checked here, the request was judgmentally reviewed and denied for the following reason: PREVIOUS APPLICATION APPROVED. What the hell does that mean?????? I'm denied but I was approved. Figure that one out!!!

Li
  6th of May, 2009

I Have different charge cards And have been making double payment and now they keep lowering my credit amount I thik this is unfair.

Li
  6th of May, 2009

I have had a acount with old navy penny's and walmart and lowes I have been making double payments on them and every one they have lower so they are really maxed out this is unfare

Sh
  3rd of Aug, 2009

gGE MONEY BANK MUST THINK THEY ARE REALLY NEEDED BY EVERYONE. THEY ARE THE RUDEST PEOPLE YOU CAN TALK TOO. I HAD A DILLARDS CARD AND IT WAS CANCELLED BECAUSE OF INACTIVIYT, SO I APPLIED FOR ANOTHER CARD AND WAS DENIED. GE REPORTED IF FIRST BLOCK WAS CHECKED IN WHICK IT WAS THE REASON WAS THE REQUEST WAS JUDGEMENTALLY REVIEWED AND DENIED FOR (PREVIOUS APPLICATION APPROVED). I CALLED AND TALKED TO SOMEONE BY THE NAME OF SHELIA AND APPARENTLY SHE THOUGHT SHE COULD TALK TO PEOPLE ANYWAY SHE WANTED TOO. I WAS FILLING FOR ANOTHER CARD SO MY GRANDSON WHO LIVES OUT OF STATE CAN BUY ON MY CREDIT CARD. GA MABY YOU SEE THAT I PAY ANY CREDIT CARD OFF THEN THE BILL IS RECEIVED, MABY YOU CAN''"T MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF ME, BUT DILLARDS WILL SURLEY MISS THE AMOUNT I SPEND, BECAUSE WHEN I ENTER THEIR STORE THE CLERKS RUSH TO WAIT ON ME BECAUSE THET KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY I SPEND IN THEIR STORE.MY POLICY IS TO OWE NO ONE SO I PAY WITH CASH AND DON"T NEED CREDIT THIS WAS ONLY FOR A CONVIENCE. I"VE BEEN DEBT FREE FOR YEARS THANKS BE TO GOD AND US USING COMMON SENSE AS HOW NOT TO PAY HIGH INTEREST RATES AND WASTE OUR MONEY TO PEOPLE LIKE GE MONEY BANKE.

Ba
  26th of Apr, 2010

I request for credit card one for Belk and one for Lowes I got a letter that they couldn't give me one now because of prior unsatisfactory obligation with them, I just got one about 4 months ago with $800.00 I pay it every month on time and more then what they want, so I just don"t understand so I call and talk to this one and other one no one can tell me why I think this is all bull ----.WHY would they give me one 4 month ago and not now and no one knows anything about it so I guess I write to p.o. box 981489 EL Paso, Tx 79998-1489...and see what bull they give me there ...lol

Do
  1st of Oct, 2010

I RECEIVED A NOTICE FROM GE MONEY BANK CREDITOR...HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA AS TO WHY! OTHER THAN I HAD APPLIED FOR A WALMART CARD, THEY USED THE ADDRESS ON MY DRIVERS LICENSE WHICH IS BOTH PHYSICAL & MAILING, SO I RECEIVED A CALL FROM SOME CREDITOR REGARDING THIS CARD I APPLIED FOR, THEY WANTED MORE INFO, LIKE PART OF MY SIN # WHICH I REFUSED TO GIVE...AT THAT TIME I TOLD THAT PERSON TO JUST FORGET ABOUT THE CARD, I DIDN'T NEED IT ANYWAY, I WAS JUST GOING TO GET ONE FOR CONVENIENCE...I DO NOT HAVE ANY KIND OF A BALANCE ON ANY CARD OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER! THIS NOTICE I RECEIVED CLAIMS THAT I HAD REQUESTED CREDIT FROM ZELLERS...THIS IS REDICULOUS TO BE SURE! I HAVE HAD A CREDIT CARD WITH ZELLER'S FOR YEARS, HAVE ALWAYS USED THE CARD THERE FOR THE POINTS AND IN THE SAME TRANSACTION MAKE A PAYMENT FOR WHATEVER MY PURCHASE IS! ACTUALLY THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE EVEN HEARD OF GE MONEY BANK!...HAVE TO SAY I DON'T LIKE THEM ALREADY! :0(