GE / not working right!

1 3135 Easton TurnpikeFairfield, United States Review updated:
Phone: 502-452-4205

This pertains to a GE Profile product. When my husband and I invested in remodeling our kitchen, we considered the options and – deciding to go with what we felt would be good quality – we purchased the full set of matching GE Profile appliances. Unfortunately, after only a few months, the refrigerator started having some major problems. First of all, both sides of the refrigerator started freezing up; it wasn't cooling properly and we literally had to constantly chip away big chunks of ice on the refrigerator side. Imagine our frustration and dismay when, after all these years of buying different brands of refrigerators without any major problems, one of the most expensive refrigerators we've purchased posed such a ridiculous issue.

Further, our agitation was increased by the fact that the GE repair technician visited many times and was still not able to resolve the problem. Not only were the numerous visits an inconvenience, but as an entrepreneur with a hectic schedule, such appointments also disrupt my business (cumbersome as the repair appointments are, since it takes one visit for the GE technician to assess the situation and then an additional one for him to try to fix it). The customer service representatives also indicated that GE would not provide me with a new refrigerator — even if the one we'd purchased is a lemon; what kind of customer service is that? It's certainly not the level of service that would be expected from a company that boasts a reputation of quality and service. GE's motto is, GE cares. They need to change that.

After so much aggravation I called corporate headquarters and GE finally agreed to exchange the lemon refrigerator/GE profile. We wish we could say that the situation has had a completely favorable outcome…. However, the frustration continues because this new refrigerator heats up and is not cooling the food properly. Once again we're facing the repair calls. The technician that came out said the cooling system is not working. It's like the engine of a car not functioning. I called corporate once again to let them know of the dilemma with their GE Profile product. Instead of giving me a new refrigerator that works properly, they will once again try and fix the problems.

You would think that when a consumer buy's one of GE's supposedly top of the line products, a consumer would get what they paid for, refrigerators that work properly, not lemons. I am not sure where GE's quality went. My parents said that GE had great products at one time and good customer service relations. As that saying goes, things change. One thing is for sure, GE does not need to worry about laying off their service technicians or personnel in their customer complaints department. Especially, when their quality assurance department doesn't seem to exist. After all, a most basic function of a refrigerator is to maintain food at a cool/safe temperature...

We know that were just two consumers, but we also want others to be aware of the type of product that GE sells to the consumer. We also lose a lot of money in groceries because the refrigerator does not do what it is supposed to do, not cooling and maintaining the food at a safe temperature. So, not only are we inconvenienced with a poor product that is not performing, but now we were also even losing money because the food is spoiling. Were sure that the Principles/Officers for GE, would not find this such a circumstance acceptable either if they were dealing with such a problem in their home.

We feel it is important for consumers to be aware of the problems that we are encountering. There are many other brands/products that can be purchased instead. We have never encountered such problems with any other brands/appliances we purchased. One thing is for sure, we will never purchase a GE product again. We will also never recommend GE products to anyone.

Sincerely,

J C

Comments

• Do
      21st of Sep, 2008

I am having the same problem. The first refrigerator did not work properly and they exchanged another one for me but I had to spend more money. This one is a side by side GE refrigerator. I think all of us should get together and contact Corporate Headquaters and possibly the news media.

6th of Jun, 2010

I too am going through the same ordeal.

This GE profile refrigerator caught on fire. Watch video on you tube.