GE / dishwasher was a lemon from the get-go
I got a new GE dishwasher last year and paid $850 for it. We won't even talk about all of the delivery issues and damaged GE appliances that I refused to accept. From day one, the dishwasher did not work right. It left a filthy residue on the glasses and dishes, so I called GE about the problem. They sent out a technician who agreed that the glasses should come out clean (I even showed him "clean" glasses that had been run through a cycle), but he could not find a problem. Four technicians later (and four more days off from work without pay and technicians agreeing that my glasses should look clean and not have residue after a clean cycle), I was told by GE that since their technicians cold not find a problem, there was nothing that could be done. Although I debated this with the rep that the technicians all agreed that my glasses should not look be left with residue, the rep insisted that since no problem was found, all they coudl do was send another rep out to look for the problem again. By this time I could not afford to take yet another day off with out pay, so I took the time to compose a letter to the corporate offices of GE detailing the experience. I got no response. So now I am stuck washing the disgusting residue off my glasses after they are run through the dishwaser. I would like to point out that my previous dishwasher (a Kenmore) did not have this issue.
Now, my two year old GE gas dryer has stopped producing heat and GE wants me to pay $100 for a technician to come to the house just to look at it!
Next time, I'm buying Kenmore!
More GE Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - Dishwasher purchased in NOV.
- General Electric - dishwasher model gowf100v5ww serial number zz805229b
- General Electric - ge french door refrigerator
- General Electric - ge profile front loader washer and dryer
- General Electric - brand new washing machine already broken