GE Appliances / they are really bad
I came across some blogs on the ge cafe line discussing issues. You won't believe this... We spent $7k on the cafe line of appliances. We had to replace the microwave three times... The dishwasher twice... And the refrigerator doors once. Unbelievable! We requested ge to take all of the appliances back and they refused. They gave us a measly 4 year extended warranty that we demanded for the dysfunctional appliances. Here were the problems:
Microwave: 1st: dented left lower side; dent upper left side; venting would open and close twice and then stay closed with the microwave on. 2nd: dents again in the lower left; key pad visual became distorted so you couldn't read anything 3rd: dents in the lower left again and the key pad went completely out!
Dishwasher: 1st: door was crooked on tub (Bent); water leaked on the top control panel from condensation; leak in rubber seal on left side of door. 2nd: installer filled dishwasher with two large glasses of water to prime pump; he turned dishwasher on; all of the water came pouring out on the floor; inspection revealed the dishwasher came with a nut missing on the clamp that holds the motor female end that attaches to the male end that goes into the dishwasher tub.
Refrigerator: 1st: right door dented; left door ice maker/water dispenser frame dented; water leaked out from capture tray behind the frame and on to the front of the door onto the floor. 2nd: icemaker/water dispenser frame not latched on lower left side (Sticks out): began leaking water again.
Awaiting ge appt to repair.
No problems (Yet with dual fuel range). Dishwasher stays wet after cycle; rep sent bottle of staydry to fix it!
Don't buy ge cafe; don't buy ge period as they work with iran!
More GE Appliances Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric Company - warranty department incompetence
- General Electric Company - ge refrigerator model #gne25jgkgfbb/case #181226-005195
- General Electric Company - ge washer
- General Electric Company - adora dishwasher
- General Electric Company - microwave