Ge Adora Dryer / drum flared and broken

1 NV, United States Review updated:

My GE Adora Dryer purchased through Home Depot started making horrible noises. After two service calls (expensive) and no fix I was advised to call GE since the drum was flared and was still under warranty. The tech said he had seen a lot of this with these dryers. GE refused to replace the drum, telling me the warranty was for only one year. My owners manual only covers 3 models of GE dryers. They tell me that I have the wrong manual and it does not cover the drum, even though the manual says it does. I was told that the manual covers many appliances, (not true) and did not cover mine. I well never buy GE appliances again.

Ne

Comments

• Ge
      11th of Feb, 2010

This is Megan from GE. Sorry to hear about the issues with your dryer. Please email me at consindsocialmedia@ge.com, and I can look into the situation for you.

• De
      11th of Feb, 2010

In my opinion, GE makes appliances in third world countries for the mass U.S. market that are garbage compared to the quality of their prior U.S. made appliances. Parts cost as much as replacement at times. Good luck fixing it yourself. I guess that is why appliances cost the same as they did 15 years ago.