Gardner White / cheaply made furniture

Canton, MI, United States Review updated:

We bought a love seat and 2 recliners from the Canton store last March. Within a month of having the furniture, the stuffing was packing down and shifting in the arms, the cushion of the one chair was lumpy and the handle on one chair was chipping paint. We called them in January of 2012. Since then 3 people have been out. The first time all the guy did was take pictures and submit some of the complaint, but not all of it, and said someone would call us. They never did, so we went down there to talk to a manager. We got Shannon. She assured us someone would come out and take care of it. Someone else came out and he did replace the one cushion and added another core to the recliner, but then told us that he was not going to be adding stuffing to the arms, because that was another person that had to take care of that and it was about a four hour job. I talked to Shannon again and asked her to set up the appointment with the other person that could add the stuffing. She again made me believe that the correct person was going to be coming out to add stuffing to the arms, and we did set up that appointment. When the man came out all he did was change the handle on the chair. He was there maybe 5 minutes, and again said that was an all day appointment and that he couldn't do it. Three times now I've sat around here waiting for their service people to come fix the problem, and 3 times have been disappointed by the result. I'm tired of Shannon's false promises, and again that man told me someone would call and they again have not. I feel that the people at Gardner White are deliberately trying to avoid this problem until the warranty runs out, which is at the end of April. No furniture should look like ours in such a short time. I've had furniture for 13 years that the stuffing never moved around like this. It's completely unacceptable. I sent a letter explaining the problems we've had to the corporate office, and I did hear back from Kim, the same day. She said it was not a defect, and that the furniture required us to "fluff up" the arms after use and that they would not re-stuff the arms. The furniture was only a couple months old when this all started. I will never shop there again, and I urge everyone else to find their furniture elsewhere as well.

Bf

Comments

• Gw
      10th of Apr, 2012

Gardner White Furniture appreciates your input. Gardner White offers a 1-year warranty against manufacturer's defects. Many products today use a dacron in the arms and cushions. Dacron will flatten with use. Dacron will also fluff back up with assistance. We apologize you are unhappy with the Dacron material. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,