Gardener Mixed Blossom Honey / gardener mixed blossom honey

United States Review updated:

I recently purchased a jar of this product believing it to be 100% Australian family owned but in small print on a separate part of the jar it claimed to use at least 40% Australian honey. I find this very unsatisfactory as our pure Australian honey is being topped with honey from who knows where. Our Australian bees are free of diseases that are common in many countries. I find this very misleading and have returned the unopened jar to my local Woolworths. I am a loyal Woolworths customer and would appreciate your reply on this matter. Regards Dianne Morgan

Di
May 17, 2018

Comments

• Ry
      27th of May, 2018

I an in agreement & have the same opinion the above coment.

• S4
      25th of Feb, 2019

This is undoubtedly the worst honey I have ever purchased, a disgrace to what was once known as the nectar of the gods.

It tastes like golden syrup with a honey label on it, no subtle floral notes or any of the other flavours I associate with honey, aside from the flavour of sugar. If I wanted to put sugar syrup on my oats I would have bought some cheap golden syrup, or just boiled some sugar in water. Waste of money. I intend to give away the rest of my 700g jar, as I cannot subject myself to eating this on a daily basis for weeks on end.

Woolworths, I see no reason as to why this product is stocked on your shelves. It doesn't support Australian produce, tastes terrible and it isn't even the cheapest honey on the shelf. What consumer need does this serve?

• Eb
      23rd of Mar, 2019

It’s 60% glucose syrup, not real 100% honey. Disgraceful

• Hu
      27th of Mar, 2019

Hello Ebanzer, How did you know the glucose content? I am unable to find verified percentages...on their bottle it says 100% honey?

• Um
      17th of Apr, 2019

It tastes like sugar syrup. I don't know why Woolworth still keeps on their shelves.