Fwm Laboratories: Acai Berry Detox; Life Cleanse / Fraud; Failure to Cancel; Deceptive Advertising

This is a total scam! The advertising is set up in such a way that your "free trial" starts the day of your order, is only for 15 days of a 30-day supply, and the product doesn't ship for 3-5 days from the date of your order. Your "free trial" doesn't end, but you get charged $87.13 repeatedly. They say in the Terms and Conditions that you agree to at the on-set of the "free purchase" that you can only be credited one refund per product. Thus, even if you cancel it and they continue to charge you, you are only entitled to one refund for the product.

I have contacted my bank and been told that since I signed up for the "free trial" and authorized the purchase initially, I am now stuck with the automatic reorder. They said that the only way to stop this is to cancel the card that this was ordered on, wait for two weeks and if no product is sent, to file a challenge to the charge for failure to receive the product. Or, if it is sent, to return it via certified mail to the company and dispute their failure to charge it back. However, the contract says they won't accept product back without an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization), that I have requested both via telephone and email--they won't give one. My bank has said they consider this company fraudulent, but you have to follow the process they described in order to get credited back. I have also been transferred back into a que to wait to speak with a supervisor. I have over five and a half hours of being on hold in this que. This is completely bogus! My bank indicated they are in the process of setting up automatic denials for any attempts to use their cards to pay for these products from this company.

I hope other consumers find this warning and can protect themselves from a product that doesn't work and from the most fraudulent and predatory business practices I have ever seen.

Jo

Comments

• Ac
      12th of Jan, 2009
    FWM LaboratoriesAcai Berry Cleanse & Detox - Card Fraud
    FWM Laboratories
    2040 NE 163 RD St. # 305
    North Miami Beach
    Phone: 1-866-949-0138

I ordered one bottle each of Acai Berry Cleanse and Detox as a free trial w/ $3.95 shipping a piece on 12/10/08. My account was credited $87.13 twice on 1/02/09 and then again on 1/10/09 for a grand total of $348.52. I have yet to see any product. I tried to contact the phone # given on the bank transaction, recording said I'd have to wait for 3-5 min. due to large volumn of calls. I waited for 20 min and got a recording that the ext. I was calling was not available. Big rip off!!! Beware!!! Naomi - CO

• Ni
      10th of Mar, 2009

I also ordered their products and did not know about a charge after fifteen days until i saw my statement. when calling the company, i talked to a girl who said i would receive the refund and to check my email for confirmation. i did and there was nothing. so i called and spoke to a manager who told me he was the only manager and could not give me the name of any other manager. he then told me the charge was my fault for not looking closely enough. i mentioned what the lady told me earlier and he disregarded everything. he began to become very sarcastic with me until he hung up while i was talking. i have never been treated like that before. is there something that can be done?

• Db
      23rd of Jul, 2009

Wow, I can honestly say that I am FURIOUS with this company, not only could I not get through to anyone when I found that I had the charge on my bank account, but I was absolutely ASTONISHED that they could charge me when they had never even sent me anything!!! This is disgusting and I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK, one way or another... At least I know I am not the only one out there getting screwed!

• Re
      17th of Aug, 2009

I got sucked into the same issue. I do online banking and check my account regularly when I noticed this charges. I think called the number under the purchase talk to some woman who barely spoke a word of englsh. She told me She had canceled my "subscription" and gave me a RMA # and told me to send back the product (at no refunded cost) and once they receive the product they will credit back my account. I have yet to receive the product and it's been well past the date of arrival. I then noticed the other day ANOTHER charge for 87.13. I called my back (since its pending and cannot see what the charge is for) and asked them to tell me what was the charge. Again for the same company I told them what was going on and how I canceled the order and asked for the number under the descrip. The number was a complete FALSE number. It was to some pharmaceutical company who has nothing to do with the product, but to my amazement I was not the first (and I'm sure I'm not the last) person to call them about this. She told me she doesn't know why their number is listed with this product and then sent me an email with this link and a couple other links on how this company is bogus.

I just got done filing a claim with my bank when I read the first post. I'm really good at reading the terms and conditions and I SWEAR!!! I never saw anything about "subscriptions" or continuous charging. I'm glad to see that I am not alone in this battle. I like the women above me, WILL get my money back. One way or another.

• Mt
      18th of Aug, 2009

Received the free samples only to find my credit card was charged $131.00 for the 2 samples.Now i have received another supply which i did not order and my credit card was charged $134.00 for each sample.Who do i contact to cancel? Return address is Great Britain,

• Rh
      28th of Oct, 2009

i to havent receved anything from them! not happy has any one worked out what we can do about it? :(

• Mo
      6th of Nov, 2009

I am waiting for my order to arrive, has anyone out there had a good result from this product? Should I cancel my credit card now before they charge me for the free trial?

• Ga
      6th of Nov, 2009

I have just had my Visa debited for $132 by Life Cleanse and $132 by Acai Berry Detox
    I had no contact information. My bank said I have to call the number on the Visa statement to cancel and get an authorization no. and they will stop the debits to my visa.
    I cant believe I fell for this. The trial was only $4 and now I am looking at $264.00 I cant get back for nothing.
    I had adverse side effects to the Acai Berry Detox as I didnt know it had 200 mg of Caffeine in each capsule and one of my breasts became hard and painful. I went to the doctor and he told me it was the Acai Berry Detox because of the dangerous amount of caffiene that could also cause heart problems.

What a scam, I am furious at myself.
    Vancouver, Canada

• Mi
      19th of Nov, 2009

I have just been on the phone with my credit card discussing my charges I have recieved from this fraud company !! I am really upset and cant believe I have got charged 2 x £75.37 for a free trail I thought it was. My credit card company put me through to the actual company and told me to ask for the cancelations numbers for the products, which I now have. I spoke to the credit card company again and they have said I just have to wait and see if I get charged and if I do they can claim back of them now. I asked if I can get a refund from the charges before and she said I had to write to the legal company on the web address www.acaiberryexclusive.com. I am worried I am going keep getting charged even though I got these numbers!! I will have to cancel my credit card now!!