FTD / No delivery for Mother's Day

I ordered 2 sets of Gardenia Bonsai for my mom and step mom on 5/6/08 for delivery on 5/8/08. My mom and my step mom live approximately 2 miles from each other. FTD sent one by FedEx the other by DHL. The one sent by FedEx was delivered on the day promised Thursday 5/8/08. When I tracked the package through DHL it said that it had been accepted and according to the FTD website was delivered on 5/8/08. Not true. When I called my step mom and asked her if she got her gift she said no. The monday AFTER MOTHER'S DAY, FTD informed me that DHL had not picked it up. I asked them why their records indicated that that it was delivered when it wasn't. No response. My response to them was that 1-800-FLOWERS does a much better job and that they had lost a customer. No where on FTD's website is there a place for complaints and one would think that the busiest day of the year for flowers being Mother's Day they would have people on the phones. No way their recorded message was that they were just too busy to talk to anyone. What a crock. But they were sending me advertisements in my email for delivery for Mother's Day on the Saturday before. Now we'll see if I get my refund.I look like a total idiot with my step mother.

Comments

• Ki
      28th of May, 2009

I ordered my mother-in-law Mom's tulip bouquets for Mother's Day May 10, 2009. Th flowers arrived on Thursday, May 7, 2009. Thee was no card enclosed even though I did type out a card online and the card showed when I log into my order. We called her on May 10, 2009 and asked if she got the flowers, she said yes, and now I know who they are from as there was no card. We asked if they were pretty and she said that she will be writing us a note about it. We received a thank you note from her about 2 weeks later. She is 85 yrs old. She said in her note..."Thank you for the flowers. I don't want to sound ungrateful but that was a lot of money to spend on flowers that didn't even last 3 days. By Sunay morning they were completely wilted and I had to throw them away." When I got her note I was shocked! I immediately called FTD and they said there was nothing tey could do because I hadn't called within the 7 day time frame. I sked to speak to a supervisor and they still would not give any refund or re-send flowers. 2 years ago we ordered african violets for the same woman and they sent purple lilacs with instructions for the african violets. I will N E V E R order from FTD again!!!