Frontier Communications / internet resign up without consent

1 Rochester, NY, United States Review updated:

I had signed up for yr for thee dsl for the internet. I have my home phone with them since Verizon made the mistake of selling out to them . Anyway, I did not want but 1 yr of the dsl and planning on switching to someone else. They signed me up, locked in for another yr with out my permission and tell me if I try to cancel they will hit we with a large termination fee. I am on disability and can not afford theat. What can I do because I did not sign up for this and I feel this is a scam and very crooked on their part and when I called them they told me I had no choice. Please help.

Mi
Apr 24, 2013

Comments

• Sh
      7th of Feb, 2014

The same thing happened to me After I directly told them on a recorded phone call not to auto enroll me so when I called to cancel and they said I had another 2 yr contract I depended they pull up their phone calls that they record and listen that I said not to enroll me and I got frustrated and told them that I was canceling and was not going to be billed early termination or else I will get a lawyer involved and have phone calls made to them pulled. I used their own recorded calls for my Benefit and nevertheless was able to cancel and never received another bill or anything from them.