Frontier Airlines / Cancelled flight

1 Mexico

Our flight from Cozumel to Denver was cancelled. We were given several different explanations (there was also a language barrier) while we were in the airport for 9 hours. We were instructed to wait in line for $100 vouchers to release Frontier from all claims, before our names were put on a list for a hotel for the night. I explained that it was imperative that my family return the next day to our home in Kansas City. Passengers on our flight were assigned to three other outgoing airlines the next day: Continental, Delta, and US Airways. We were booked on US Airways to Charlotte, NC. Then, we were put on the last flight to Denver--making it impossible to fly to KC that night. Frontier did not cover our hotel expense in Denver. My children missed two days of school, and I missed work due to the inflexible itinerary assigned to us by Frontier--we saw others from our original flight on an earlier flight from Charlotte to Denver; we may have been one of the few families that did not have Denver as their final destination. Had we known it would take us 2.5 days to get back home, we wouldn't have taken this mini-vacation to Cozumel over President's Day weekend.

Frontier Airlines