Frigidaire / Electrolux / product safety/concern for customer safety

1 United States

2nd time using it the oven engulfed in flames. Imagine its dec 23 and you just moved into your newly purchased home with BRAND new Frigidaire appliances. After 3 min of baking your alarm sounds and observe your oven in flames, the front glass explodes as you exit the kitchen almost hitting you. Fire Department comes. They remove it and determine cause to be a major oven malfunction. So now you have no stove for the holiday meal that was planned i calm my wife by saying its ok its a brand new Frigidaire ive never heard bad about their company, they will take care of us. We even ran around on christmas eve and purchased a new frigidaire stove from home depot thinking we were in good hands. WRONG they had me playing phone tag for multiple hours to inspectors only to find out sorry you didnt buy it direct from the store the people who renovated did. I said yeah it was never used. They didnt buy with intent to use, they bought it with intent to sell. The whole time on the phone no one cared about the fact this unit almost burned our house down, seriously injured me and my wife. I work in public safety and safety of people is of great concern to me. There no mention of sending anyone to inspect this unit to find out why, asking if we were ok etc. Their only concern was finding out a way to skeet out of warranty obligation. Its appalling to learn frigidaire doesnt care about the safety of their customers. I will not let this go. I refuse to let others go through this or even worse lose their life or home because of one of your faulty products.

Jd