Frigidaire / Electrolux / failure to respond

1 Summerville, SC, United States Review updated:

I purchased the Frigidaire Gallery french door refrigerator 18 months ago and it has now flooded my kitchen twice over the last seven weeks. The first time was on 3/4/18 and I contacted customer service regarding repair and damage to my home. Frigidaire sent a repairman a week later and said nothing was wrong. I contacted the repairman again after 10 days and reported that the fridge was not making ice and something was definitely wrong. The company failed to return my calls until, after a wee, I once again left a message for Frigidaire. The repairman returned again and again said nothing was wrong. One week following this visit the refrigerator flooded the entire kitchen again. By that evening, the refrigerator stopped working altogether and is not repairable per a Frigidaire licensed repairman.

The machine was full of water in its interior walls and yet again the water poured out as we removed if from our home.

It would seem to me that Frigidaire should buy this back from us at a reasonable price.

At this point Frigidaire customer service has ignored calls made and emails sent. I am shocked that I paid over $2, 000 for an appliance that lasted less than 18 months.

• Updated by TLTurley, Apr 19, 2018

Thanks!

Tanya Turley

Tl
Apr 19, 2018

Comments

• Ge
      19th of Apr, 2018

I am so very sorry to read about your recent issue(s) with your refrigerator. I'd like to get some additional information from you, if you'd like to provide it.

Where was this unit purchased and on what date? Was there any form of extended warranty coverage purchased for the unit?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Please note, if this issue has already been addressed to your satisfaction, there is no need to reply to this text.

• Ge
      19th of Apr, 2018

You responded, "It was purchased on 9/26/16 and purchased at Lowes. I did not purchase an extended warranty (lesson learned). I do have the receipt at home but I am at work at the moment."

Hi Tanya.

I wish I had the ability to do something directly, unfortunately I don't. But I might be able to provide you some ways to get some additional help.

If you haven't already replaced the fridge, try contacting Frigidaire at 1-800-374-4432. They may be willing to help cover the costs of another Gallery fridge for you. For what it's worth, they really do make some great appliances.
    Also you might try contacting the local Lowes store you purchased the unit through. Speak to their general manager and he/she might be able to throw some additional discounts your way in providing a new fridge.

That has to be really frustrating. No one expects a fridge to go out in such a short period of time. I wouldn't be surprised if either the manufacturer or retailer wouldn't do what they could to assist. Neither company wants to disappoint a customer.

Hopefully all will turn out well. Please take the time to post back and let us know how things turn out.

• Tl
      20th of Apr, 2018

@General Service Thank you for your time. I am frustrated but I do appreciate you taking the time to review and respond to my issue. I will update once something changes.