Frigidaire / Electrolux / failure to respond
I purchased the Frigidaire Gallery french door refrigerator 18 months ago and it has now flooded my kitchen twice over the last seven weeks. The first time was on 3/4/18 and I contacted customer service regarding repair and damage to my home. Frigidaire sent a repairman a week later and said nothing was wrong. I contacted the repairman again after 10 days and reported that the fridge was not making ice and something was definitely wrong. The company failed to return my calls until, after a wee, I once again left a message for Frigidaire. The repairman returned again and again said nothing was wrong. One week following this visit the refrigerator flooded the entire kitchen again. By that evening, the refrigerator stopped working altogether and is not repairable per a Frigidaire licensed repairman.
The machine was full of water in its interior walls and yet again the water poured out as we removed if from our home.
It would seem to me that Frigidaire should buy this back from us at a reasonable price.
At this point Frigidaire customer service has ignored calls made and emails sent. I am shocked that I paid over $2, 000 for an appliance that lasted less than 18 months.
Updated by TLTurley, Apr 19, 2018
It was purchased on 9/26/16 and purchased at Lowes. I did not purchase an extended warranty (lesson learned). I do have the receipt at home but I am at work at the moment.
More Frigidaire / Electrolux Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Electrolux Induction Range - e15 error code - cooktop not working 
- Frigidaire - front load washer poorly engineered. 
- Electrolux India - pathetic customer service by electrolux 
- Electrolux Front Loader Washer & Dryer - % year warranty & dryer breaks 1.4 yrs into contract
- Electrolux - Washer & Dryer - rebate scam 
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - electrolux cashback promotion
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - cooktop model: fpic3677rf
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - my 82 year old mother's brand new stove is still not repaired and not working
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - model # fghs2655pf side-by-side refrigerator
- Frigidaire / Electrolux - faulty products and poor customer service