Freeshipping.com Insiders - Club / I was tricked!

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I was in the middle of ordering flowers for my Mother for Mother's Day on a Pro Flowers web site because they offered Free S&H. I had all of my info in when I was instructed to click here for your free S&H. I didn't see it coming, but it was a pop up.
I clicked on it and it said welcome to Insiders Free S&H blah blah blah and I was getting it free for 30 days then they were going to charge my account $9.99 per month.
I had one heck of a time canceling it and I still have a $1 hold in their name on my Debit Card. It's harder to deal with the bank for debit cards.
Don't get sucked in! I was never able to get back to the Pro Flower Shop.

Comments

• Lu
      8th of Dec, 2010

Thank you for posting. This opportunity came up and they were not really forthcoming about what they were really all about and if there would be charges in the future if you took advantage of the free shipping this 1 time. They alluded to a risk free trial which sent up the red flags and sent me to Google and that's how I got you. Thanks again for taking time to post for the rest of us who might have succumbed to the allure of saving a few bucks!

• Lu
      14th of May, 2011

thanks for posting--these companies are unscrupulous--they post a deal but never really tell you the details of the transaction--i found your post when i googled for info--very very shady operation

• Tr
      25th of May, 2011

I was taken to free shipping during a visit to vitacost about 4 years ago, and have been a member ever since. It is not a scam. I get checks back all the time and have sent many people to sign up. If you do much shopping on the internet then I definitely suggest looking at all the merchants that participate. Ebay and amazon are two that I use a lot, and just the savings that I get from those pay for my membership. Go do the math for yourself. My membership is renewing @ the end of the month, and I saved over $150 last year alone. I also use ebates and retailmenot so I pretty much never pay shipping and get extra discounts, and actual cash back.