Freelotto / Division of Unclaimed Funds

Posted:

Just another lottery scam!

4.35
I am a Senior Fraud Victim Advocate with Fraudaid.org , first of all what you have experienced is what we call a Fake Lottery Scam. It is designed for one purpose only and that is to get innocent and unsuspecting people involved in the fantasy of winning a ton of money. They use this scam to do one of two things:

Launder money by sending you a check with your winnings letter and instructing you to depsosit the check and send off a portion of it to pay so called fees and taxes to free up your winnings OR for the purpose of getting you to pay advanced fees to gain access to your winnings. Here are the cold hard facts:

1. If you did not purchase a lottery ticket , you could not have won that lottery. Why? Lotteries only exist on the money gained through the sale of tickets. The money they get from people purchasing tickets IS the money or at least a portion of that money that is dished out in winnings.

2. IF you have gotten a surprise winning notification and a check from a lottery company you had better verify that the lottery is real and that the check was indeed issued to you by the " Account Holder". Most likely that check is Counterfeit and you can wind up in a heap of trouble either with your bank or legally if you cash it.

NEVER EVER send money to anyone you do not know via services like Western Union, Money Gram etc based on a sales pitch or promise. Those services are widely used to scam people out of hard earned money. Why? Simply put... once that money is sent and picked up at the other end there is NO way to retrieve it or to recover your losses.

For more information on scams and how to protect yourself visit us at www.fraudaid.org What you do not know can hurt you.

Always remember .......

Silence is a thief's best friend..... word-of-mouth is his worst enemy! Spread the word.
Complaint comments Comments (357)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Lottery Scams

Comments

A  8th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
frist ofall i woud like to see thankyou my name is joseph abera i live in nazerth in ethiopan . I received message from Freelotto, Division of received Unclaimed Fund, informed me that I won 1 million.how is given this money . Joseph Abera Geberkrostos
p.o..box . 1888
ليس لدى رصيد ?ى البنك
A  11th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
how i give my money
A  13th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
YAWA mong tanan... mangi-ngilad mo yawa!!!
N  13th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
soy de bolivia ( oruro ) me llego a mi correo de que gane un premio de un millon de dolares y como no tengo cuenta en el banmco
N o se como reclamarlo por fa.
alguien me diga comoes la cosa chauuu.
N  14th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
am castigat 1.000.000 dolari.cum pot intra in posesia lor daca nu beneficiez de card?
A  15th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
so as for my it a bit similar what those people are saying .as a
matter of fact the authority concern must stop these sort of
robbery. and i think the suppose free lotto game if it is real
must stop these sort of robbery and is blasphm the reputation
of the game. SO WHERE IS THE FREE LOTTO GAME INSTITUTION IS DOING ENCOURAGE THESE ROBBERS OR
DEFENDING ITSELF BY PERSUING THESE FRAUDULOUS
PEOPLE IN FRONT OF THE JUSTICE. I HOPE SO.
N  17th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hello, i guerziz Widad winning the prize race horse riding Fargo civilizations sent to the Emily name the bank, which in Algeria to pull my money, thank you
A  17th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I know Free Lotto is a scam because I have an email with a check for $1, 000, 000 an guess the check #...U guessed it m98211 SCAM
N  18th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
bana lutfen yardım edın kazandıgım parayı almak aıleme dagıtmak ısdıyorum
N  18th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
bana yardımcı olursanız yatalak annem ve ben cok sevınec ez
N  18th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I received an email from Freelotto New York congratulating me for winning $1.000.000.00 us dollars check was 10/19/07 and as me to respond by the 10 /29/07. The letter further stated that I have 30 days to claim my prize 11/29/07 and have provided them with all the requested information, but heard nothing from them. how can receiv on many from ( p.o .box 4562 NEW YORK, NY 10163 )? thank you
please help me

syria
N  22nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hi, how are you? I don't bleve this mony Congragulation.
I need to take the winner freelotto automatic subscription ticket by Western union.
and also I need the code to take the Money from the western union Bank.
Plese Send message.
Home 251-111 243321
Mobil 251- 911 874377
Thankes
N  22nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
je me nomme KONE abdallh ben bakari je suis à bamako au mali .
depuis le mois de avril je ne cesse de recevoir des message me confirmant avoir gagné au jeu de freelotto
auquel j ai effectivement participé .
je voudrais savoir si ce jeu est reel et si je suis un gagnant .
mon téléphone est 00223 905 03 65

mon numero PIN 136074705
N  25th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
since 2007, I am receiving messages from my emails that i have won freelotto 3 times, since i dont have my credit cards, the winning prize remains unclaimed until now. and if i really won the freelotto lottery, sure all they have to do is to verify the true recipient winner, then award to them the prize. please help...
N  26th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
one can ask him self some questions, who are those guys who represent the freelotto company? how can they do their scams throuh the world wide ? could not they be reached by justice so as to free the innocent from their fraudulent behaviour? they must be some one and they must be living on earth! from where do they get such restless energy for writting victims for ever without getting tired of writting?!!
A  26th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Iwas awinner in free lotto they told me in message in many time but Idid not know how I got TSN which claime my prizes until now prizes are pending
Show to solve this problem
N  27th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I joined the FreeLotto one month ago and am surprised to receive a 1 Million US Dollar check signed by Patrick J Chalmers with check number M98211.

I come from a poor family background and was surprised with the check. I also see people’s name that also have won and were paid. I’m sitting on a fence now.

Further, I do not have an international credit card but a local one which I use in my country - Papua New Guinea. With this check presented through email, I do not know what to do but just waiting to see if it’s going to really work out.

Please advice and comment.

Thanks.

Rodney Donald
Tabubil, Papua New Guinea.
N  28th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
i have 2 millions dolares and i want to giv this mony to may contrey
hawo to explaind me
N  2nd of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
when i visit this web site i realised that its not only my self is a victim of FreeLotto!

according to the emails i recieve from FreeLotto,
there adress is as folows
P.O.Box 4562
new york
NY 10163

but still it remains as a serious question, why the U.S. government is not taking appropriate steps in order to stop these crooks in bothering people

i am waiting for a favorable response.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree