FPL / rude staff

1 Sunrise, FL, United States

South Florida is about to be hit by tropical storm nicole and FPL is out shutting off peoples electricity. I just had a man bang on my door and walk away only to tell me once I answered the door and chased him down that it was too late as he shut off my power he said he could not take my payment at the time and to call FPL I explained to him that I have small childen at home and simply forgot to make the payment i actually had cash and a credit card on me at the time instead he refused my payment and said call FPL u aint gettin power back till tommorrow anyway.

I find this too be inhuman for FPL to do this to a consumer in this type of economy especially when they have monopolized power and lighting in this state they hold the consumer in low regard because the consumer cannot go to a competitor for the same service.

power in the home is a need not a luxury and a company with such a responsibility should at least be respectful to consumers and offer an efficient way on turning on someone power as it easy as it is to shut it off.