Foschini Ladybrand / poor customer service

South Africa, LADYBRAND
On Friday 03 July 2015 between 15h00 and 15h30, I was accompanying my sister to buy gala dinner evening wear. We took the merchandise to the fitting rooms which we struggled to find as there were no clear markings as to where they were. We then looked around for somebody to assist us, but a cashier next to the cosmetics department (short chubby lady, brown skin, short black bonding hairstyle) simply ignored us. As we were looking around we saw her looking at us but not saying anything. We then asked her where the fittings rooms were, she just pointed next to where we were standing but clearly irritated. We were not happy with that treatment and asked her why she could not help us as she noticed that were looking for a fitting room. She just ignored us again. We then proceeded to the fitting rooms and helped ourselves to the number tags that indicate how many clothes we were taking to the fitting room. As my sister was trying on her clothes, she then noticed that she took a bigger size by mistake in one of the items she was going to try on. She asked me to take it back and get her a correct size. As I was stepping down from the stairs to exchange the item, I came across a lady (light in complexion with golden dreadlocks. She rudely asked me where the number tags was for the item, I told her that I didn't take it because I was just going to exchange the size while the items will all in all still equate to that same tag we took earlier with other clothes. She then shouted at me that I must immediately go back to the fitting room to get it as I cannot just take back the clothes without that tag. I then told her that I did not know and that I did not appreciate the way she spoke to me as she could have politely explained to me how they work. She then started yelling at me that I must go back and get the tag. I was furious with how she spoke to me, I then told her that I will not go back, and left the item there just out there next to her out of anger.Since I was with my sister who needed my assistance, I had to go back to the fitting room where she was busy trying on some clothes to explain to her what had just transpired. The same lady was standing there telling me that I cannot take merchandise back to my sister. I was appalled at how she treated customers, and told her that as I customer I didn't deserve such treatment. She then started back chatting at me and annoying me to a point where I could not control my anger and I actually raised my hand to slap her because I had never seen such a RUDE, SILLY person treating a customer who was bringing business to her store like that. She fought back and we actually fought in full view of all the customers in the store. Customers then came to stop us and advised me to lodge a formal complaint instead. I then asked if I could see the store manager. To my dismay I was told she was the one fighting me, a CUSTOMER! Out of desperation my sister bought the items anyway. I'm still hurt.
Jul 10, 2015