Having problems with Foschini?

Foschini reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 23, 2010. The latest review Product and online service received was posted on May 10, 2021. The latest complaint bad reponse and service was resolved on Apr 10, 2013. Foschini has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 102 reviews. Foschini has resolved 6 complaints.

Foschini Customer Service Contacts

+27 860 576 576 (Customer Service)
+27 219 387 666 (Customer Service)
+27 860 104 764 (Fashion Info)
+27 860 834 834 (Open A New Account)
Stanley Lewis Centre, 340 Voortrekker Road, Parow East
Cape Town
South Africa - 7500
Postal Address
PO Box 6020, Parow East, 7501

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Foschini Customer Service. Initial Foschini complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Foschini above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Foschini. Discuss the issues you have had with Foschini and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Foschini Complaints & Reviews

Foschiniattitude

I was in Foschini's Weskus mall on Friday 5/12/15, wanting to purchase on my partner's account, with his permission. I was told he had to be in the shop with me, I explained that he's a pharmacist at Clicks and was unable to leave his post. They would not accept a letter or his ID book as identification, which I understood. I asked what time they would be open on the Saturday, I was told 8.30am. I then agreed to come in with him at 8.30 as he starts at 9. I was then told by another shop assisted that I must be silly to expect ANYONE to help me at 8.30, as they will only open at 9! I then asked why I was told 8.30 then????? I understand and respect the rules, but I feel the attitude was totally out of line, and the did absolutely NOTHING to accommodate me. That shop will NEVER see me again! I was treated like a criminal! Regards Paula Louw

Foschinicustomer service

I am absolutely annoyed, went to Foschini Jabulane – Soweto branch cosmetic counter to I seek advice on the kind of make up my skin would need. Firstly when I got there one of the staff members totally ignored me standing there (she’s tall big boned and light skinned). 10 minutes later one of the staff came to and asked what I needed, as we were talking the manager came to rudely ask the consultant who I was and what I wanted. When I asked who the lady was she told me she was the store manager. Was very disappointed with he rmanner of approach and lack of respect. I my world CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EVERYTHING AND THAT STORE HAS No CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL… Can Fochini remind their staff particularly the Jabulane branch in Soweto the importance of customer service thanks Nozi

Foschini Ladybrandpoor customer service

On Friday 03 July 2015 between 15h00 and 15h30, I was accompanying my sister to buy gala dinner evening wear. We took the merchandise to the fitting rooms which we struggled to find as there were no clear markings as to where they were. We then looked around for somebody to assist us, but a cashier next to the cosmetics department (short chubby lady, brown skin, short black bonding hairstyle) simply ignored us. As we were looking around we saw her looking at us but not saying anything. We then asked her where the fittings rooms were, she just pointed next to where we were standing but clearly irritated. We were not happy with that treatment and asked her why she could not help us as she noticed that were looking for a fitting room. She just ignored us again. We then proceeded to the fitting rooms and helped ourselves to the number tags that indicate how many clothes we were taking to the fitting room. As my sister was trying on her clothes, she then noticed that she took a bigger size by mistake in one of the items she was going to try on. She asked me to take it back and get her a correct size. As I was stepping down from the stairs to exchange the item, I came across a lady (light in complexion with golden dreadlocks. She rudely asked me where the number tags was for the item, I told her that I didn't take it because I was just going to exchange the size while the items will all in all still equate to that same tag we took earlier with other clothes. She then shouted at me that I must immediately go back to the fitting room to get it as I cannot just take back the clothes without that tag. I then told her that I did not know and that I did not appreciate the way she spoke to me as she could have politely explained to me how they work. She then started yelling at me that I must go back and get the tag. I was furious with how she spoke to me, I then told her that I will not go back, and left the item there just out there next to her out of anger.Since I was with my sister who needed my assistance, I had to go back to the fitting room where she was busy trying on some clothes to explain to her what had just transpired. The same lady was standing there telling me that I cannot take merchandise back to my sister. I was appalled at how she treated customers, and told her that as I customer I didn't deserve such treatment. She then started back chatting at me and annoying me to a point where I could not control my anger and I actually raised my hand to slap her because I had never seen such a RUDE, SILLY person treating a customer who was bringing business to her store like that. She fought back and we actually fought in full view of all the customers in the store. Customers then came to stop us and advised me to lodge a formal complaint instead. I then asked if I could see the store manager. To my dismay I was told she was the one fighting me, a CUSTOMER! Out of desperation my sister bought the items anyway. I'm still hurt.

Foschini — rude consultant

I purchased a Vodafone tablet on 04/03/2015 on 11/04/2015 the tablet died I returned it, and they sent it for...

Foschiniinsurance

ON Sunday the 22nd of February 2015 round about 6 O'clock I got mugged my handbag
        Was taken from me which had my cellphone a blue blackberry 9320, so on Wednesday the 25th I went
        To the police station to report my ****** goods later that day I went to FOSCHINI Newcastle Mall to report
        My cellphone since it was Purchased there and I had it Insured and on my arrival I was told I should have reported the phone
        Within 24hours which wasn't stated in the contract and they asked me for a paper which wasn't given when the
        Phone was purchased, so the lady who was assisting me told me they will get back to me of which they didn't bother
        Themselves and when I return to enquire I was told my claim wasn't successful but they never return the proof of purchase and
        The insurance papers they still have the papers with them!!!

Foschinithey took/lost my memory card

Hi, I have a cellphone insurance with Fochini where I purchased my phone and when my phone fell and the screen was shattered I took my phone in for a claim and fochini, I followed up with the Randburg Fochini and after a few days my phone came back and it was fixed. However, I am utterly disgusted at the service I received, I was assisted by a young man named Freeman, when I took my phone in, he took it and told me that he would send it off, after a day or two I realised that maybe I should have taken my mem card out first, but I assumed that because he didn't say anything, they would just fix the phone and return it with everything in there, but I went to ask him anyway, when I got to the store he lightly (without the care in the world) told me that what ever is in the phone, they would take and destroy it at the repairs. I went to call the insurance people to ask them if they could trace my memory card at the repairs, but they politely explained that it was impossible and that it is the responsibility of the store in which I sent the phone through, to check and give me back everything from my phone that does not need fixing, When I communicated this to Freeman, he was not even apologetic for not carrying out his job, in fact he just made me see that he doesn't care and its my fault. When he sent my phone off he ticked on a form that there was no memory card in the phone in which he didn't even bother to check in the phone if this was actually the case. I am extremely angry and I would like fochini to take responsibility for this. I am a good customer and this is not the way I should be treated, just taking or loosing customer's things without responsibility. I am prepared to take this to more complaint lengths, if no one takes responsibility!!

Foschiniwatch that was returned to change the band

I have purchased a watch from foschini gateway, it was a silver banded watch, the silver on the band started to peel off and i took it back to foschini and they said they will send it to cape town which should take two weeks to return back to me, I got a phone call stating that the person in charge send it to the wrong branch and she has to send it to cape town this was after two weeks, she then said she will give me a call it is now 2 months and I did not get a phone call from foschini nor do i know whats going on i am paying for something that i do not have with me due to the unprofessional service from the foshini group and its pathetic customer service.

Foschinibad reponse and service

I Lekashni Sakalingum has reported MY PHONE STOLEN on da 18.02.2013 with the following information: police case number, affadavit, insurance proof silp, and was help by two lady staff who could not even fill in da forms, and was then told it was goin to be faxed right a way, and will get feedback in a weeks time and i dont need copies of the proof aslongs as we were a member, TWO WEEKS Later i went back to the store and was told its was still under investigation and i should wait, and was also given a number to call which never worked, its now two and a half months later and still no feedback, On da 3April my mother Renita Pillay da owner of the accound went back to da store and was told a claim was never made, and their is no record stated by staff members: DUDU and Noma promised to look for da paper work and should come back the next day, the next day i myself went to the store after campus, DUDU made me wait for one hole hour just to tell me she checked all da files and their is no proof of my claim and i should come back da next day again because headoffice is closed and she doesnt know what to do, and she den handed it over to another staff member Nkosane who was also of no help, i Requested to speak the Manager which required me to re apply and wait another 30 days for Approval and still pay access i am now sick of this lies why didnt they tell me in the two weeks wen i went back that my paperwork never went through but instead they lie to me and say its still under investigation! . my time, petrol up n down ticket money and airtime and still no feedback or reponse from Foschini im a very disapointed customer who is now taking Foschini up with Hello Peter

Signhome...the Foschini Groupdefective lounge suites and handling of account payments

I have an account with the Foschini Group which I opened at Markham, Gateway, Durban. The benefit of opening an account was that I would receive R500 worth of vouchers to spend at the various Foschini Group Stores. To date I have received no such vouchers. I purchased Indiana Santos couches in October 2011 which were defective when received them early December 2011. They had to be returned because the stitches were opening. The Indiana Santos was by then a discontinued range and so we were refunded the money in July 2012. We did appreciate the 10year on framework and 2year on material and stitching garuntee that all @home couches carried. In November 2012 we decided to purchase the Pellisima 2seater couch and corner lounge suite. The corner had to be ordered and delivered from China. We decided to take delivery on both the couches when the corner suite arrived. We only received the couches on the 28 December 2012. From November 4th - December 28 there was a lot of refunding and purchasing from Store level. On the 31st December we called the store manageress to let her know that the couches were sinking and stitches were opening. We agreed that it was ok if the matter was given attention as soon as the festive rush was over. Please bear in mind that the only reason that we were patient and continued to purchase from @home was because of the garuntee that the couches carried. We did pay the installments at the end of November but did not pay at the end of December because we were told from store level that the couches were returned and repurchased on the 17 December due to a delay in delivery. We were told that whatever monies were paid as an installment would now be a credit into our account. We have however been charged interest and when we queried, no one could explain the reason for this. When we went to the store in February 2013, we were told that as of mid 2012, the garuntees on couches were now 1 year all round. However when we purchased in November 2012, we were assured of the 10 + 2 year garuntee. We then decided that we would like for @home to pick up the defective couches and refund whatever monies were already paid towards the couches. The couches were picked up at 8:30am this morning by @home staff. I received an sms at 9:30pm to say that my account is now in arrears. What for? The defective merchandise has been returned...and so should my money so that I can close this account!!! Its very disappointing that such a reputable brand like TFG has so little regard for consumers and are so senseless in handling these matters. Please can this be handled with some decency and logic? Very very disappointed!!! Mr S.D.Dilrajh

Foschinisettlement letter

My name is Siyanda Ntuli, I had an account with Foschini early 2011 an left my My previous employment for SAPS training. Due to excitement I had, I could not write and m..ake them aware that I will not be able to carry on with my payment. As no one could assist me as my mother is the only person to look for the family of six. As a result I defaulted in my payment and I am unable to buy any thing on credit. As one of the car dealer find that the bank need me to bring writen letter for settlement. since I have made settlement, I request Foschini to write me a letter and forward it to my uncle e-mail add res reads as follows; absolom.[protected]@engenoil.com and my account trace ID No is :[protected].

I hope my request will reach your favourable consideration. Yours Faithfully Siyanda Ntuli

• Th
                      THANDIE NGOBENI Jun 03, 2015

I AM A VERY LOYAL CUSTOMER . UNFORTUNATELY I SKIPED MY PAYMENT FOR ON MONTH DUE TO FINANCIAL PROBLEMS. SINCE I JOINED IT WAS MY FIRST TIME TO SKIP MY PAYMENT. I AM IN BOTSWANA AND I ALWAYS TRY TO CALL YOUR NUMBER AND CANNOT GO THROUGH TO ASK IF I CAN BE HELPED ON HOW MUCH I CAN PAY TO BALANCE MY ACCOUNT. I RECEIVED A STATEMENT DATE 12/04/15 THAT I SHOUOLD PAY R1 175.00 AND I PAID R1.200 SURPRISENGLY I RECEIVED A LETTER STATING THAT I SHOULD PAY R3.346.99. PLEASE MAKE ME UNDERSTAND. I AM STILL INTERESTED FROM BUYING IN YOUR STORE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOU.
                      THANK YOU. AC NO.[protected]

• Qu
                      Quenzaza May 13, 2014

I PAID MY ACCOUNT ON THE 02 MAY 2041 BUT THEY ARE SAYING THEY CAN NOT TRACE THE PAYMENT, UNFORTUNANTLEY I LOST THE RECEIPTS, MY CONTACT NUMBER IS [protected]

Foschini Groupcustomer service

Hi
                    I am a foschini group customer for a while now and these are the problems I had with the group, firstly, a year ago I had to leave the country on work related matters so I immediately went to Sportscene in Cavendish square Cape Town to apply for a debit order on my account as I would not b able to pay it personally. I left the country and four months later I had found out that my account was in arrears and a letter to inform me that legal action was going to be taken against me was sent to my address. Whose fault was it that the account wasn't paid? Am I supposed to have a bad credit record because of the company's incompetancies? Till today the debit order is not happening! Secondly I baught a tempo watch at American swiss and a few months later the watch stopped working so I sent it back to the shop(American Swiss Cavendish Square) as it was still under guarantee, after 2 months of silence and no communication from the shop I went in personally and I was told my watch is back but they could not fix it so they gave it back in the same condition. What am I supposed to do with a non working watch? Where is the guarantee? When it comes to service I'm very dissappointed with the Foschini group, you can't even get help when you call customer services and God knows I've called countless times

• La
                        lameez dienie Apr 26, 2016

On 24 April 2016 at 16:26 i paid my account at TOTALSPORTS Vangate mall as all the other stores was already closed.As i'm waiting because a staff member was busy taking a customer payment i noticed one of the staff member by the name of Sabier looks to me like it was his off day or he was done working because he had his backpack on his back doing his personal things on the computer, i was angry because i had to wait a bit longer because he was working on another staff member computer. i don't see why they have to do there personal things at work.Please i wouldn't like it to happen again

Foschinistock

RECEIVED BOOKLET THROUGH POST & PHONED NEAREST STORES FOR STOCK. NO-ONE COULD HELP ME. WENT ON FOSCHINI WEBSITE & GOT PRODUCT CODE BUT NO-ONE COULD PICK THE PRODUCT CODE THAT IS ON THEIR WEBSITE. PHONE FOSCHINI CARNIVAL MALL, EAST RAND MALL, LAKE SIDE MALL AND NOBODY COULD ASSIST ME. SPOKE TO PERCIA FROM CARNIVAL MALL AGAIN AND GAVE HER PRODUCT CODE AND UNTIL TODAY I HAVE NO FEEDBACK OR NO DRESS AT ALL. CARNIVAL MALL FOSCHINI IS INCOMPETANT AND DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A BRANCH MANAGER, HOW IS THE SHOP MANAGED?

• Na
                          Nathan Verhoog Aug 20, 2018

Hi,

Submitted Insurance Claim on 3rd FEBRUARY. After 2 weeks, discovered that at a store level no action had been taken. Escalated to management.

Eventually was told that the phone would be replaced by Instore staff only to be contacted this morning and given another story. Bad service, bad busines etiquette just bad overall.

Foschini Groupunhappy customer

hi,
                        i would like to bring to the notice of the Fossil Watch company about the dont care attitude i received from a store they supply their products to.
                        2 weeks ago i went to a foschini store to purchase a watch for a birthday gift to my sister.
                        the value of which was R1399.00
                        when going to pay for the item the lady gives me the watch in a LANCO box.
                        when i asked why is it not in original packaging she said they are not supplied with the boxes at the same tym as they receive the watches.
                        this really frustrated me and obviously was not goin to buy a watch that costed R1399.00 and gift it to someone in a cheap plastic LANCO box. i also had another experience with foschini

i would like to bring to the notice of the Guess Clothing company about the dont care attitude i received from a store they supply their products to.2 months ago i went to a foschini store to purchase a Ladies Guess Bracelet for a birthday gift to my best friend the value of which was R599.00
                        when going to pay for the item the lady gives me the Bracelet in only a satin draw string bag, no box of any kind. i know these jewellery items cum in boxes because i purchased 2 of these bracelets previously from foschini. When asked why is it not in its Complete packaging she said they are not supplied with the boxes anymore.
                        this really frustrated me, how do i gift someone a piece of guess jewellery in jus a little bag, it wld look old and tacky.
                        kindly look in this matter. i would like some feedback on this.

• Fo
                            foshini Mar 30, 2016

On the 15 of march i have made an electronic payment to foshini group via Fnb bank, until today i keep getting letters saying i did not pay my account and when i call the call center they also cant find my payment. whats get me angry is that i keep getting different email addresses to email proof of payment. if i dont get feedback by MID April am taking all of this up.

• Ga
                            gadi1981 Dec 03, 2015

The complainant Officer
                            I have purchased the 2 Red chinos for my twins on the 01st December 2015 from Exact Store in Polokwane, Landros Mare street. On the 2nd December 2015 when I returned to the store to exchange them for a smaller size, I couldn't get the right sizes in the store. I asked the store Manger by the name of Dolerence to check with other stores around Polokwane is they have sizes? during our conversation I was interrupted by her many times 1st calling in her staff to go to relieve others for lunch, without apology second calling the other male staff member to go to the door and pose as the guard. She did not have time to listen to me when I asked for help she was rude and instructed me to go on the long que for payment and when I reach the tills that is when they will phone other stores.To put cherry on top of my distress the male staff posing as the security on the door was going through our bags. This is really against the security policy and I am thinking of suing because I can't be searched by a male. I have had an account with Markhams for 07years and this is the service that I get for being a loyal customer. I am giving you 07 days to revert on [email protected]
                            I s

• Al
                            Alphy Apr 13, 2015

hi .
                            I submitted an insurance claim form for a lost cellphone on the 27th of February 2015 to tfg insurance.the cellphone is a samsung s3 mini. I have not received a call back from them about the claim since then. this is frustrating me and i don't know what to do because I was told by the markham staff that i must wait for a call back from tfg as they are busy with investigations. I have been waiting for a month and 13 days. how much longer must I wait for feedback from tfg cellhone insurance?

E-mail: [email protected]

Foschini Group — poor customer service

hi, i would like to bring to the notice and to the notice of the Fossil Watch company about the dont care...

Foschini — bad service

RE: UNACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AT VINCENT PARK BRANCH. This letter is regarding an incident that occurred on...

Foschiniyet another threatening phone call

Despite eventually receiving an email from a Shirley Chakane and me sending all the proof of payments I have subsequently received another 2 threatening phonecalls and a letter that I am going to be listed at the Credit Bureau.

When are these people going to wake up? I am now not interested in speaking to some credit control clerk. Get the MD or Financial Director to call me please so I can give them a piece of my mind.

I hate incompetence.

Foschiniplease stop phoning me

Please can you get your Call Centre to stop phoning me? Yes, I have an account with you which I am grateful for, but please I don't want anything else...at all! What really upsets me is that they phone me on my work phone. I see clients all day, I don't need unnecessary phonecalls wasting my time and that of my clients. When you do actually get a word in they sound really annoyed that you won't talk to them...I don't need that, from anybody!

Foschinithe employees saw us and did not acknowledge us and continued their discussion

We were waiting in the que to pay our account. There was a lady at the pay desk who purchased a cellphone. Three employees were helping her. We waited alone in the que for about 10 minutes until about 3 more customers came to pay. Only after the other customers showed up could one employee start helping the other customers.

Does it take three people to help with one transaction? The employees saw us and did not acknowledge us and continued their discussion.

Foschinistay far away from them

On Wednesday i went to Foschini-Fourways Mall and i saw some shoes there. I then asked some lady to put them aside for me and she did that whilst i was still instore. Today, i mean 20 minutes ago, i went there to buy those shoes and guess what happened? The lady was not at work and i could't get my shoes and i wanted to wear them tomorrow. I was told that they don't know anything about those shoes and when i asked why aren't they communicationg amongst themselves, no one was even interested in helping me out. They didn't even bother to contact that lady who's off to ask where she put those shoes...YOUR SERVICE IS PATHETIC FOSCHINI...THIS IS TOTALLY NOT LIKE YOU... AND YOU CALL THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Foschinithe manager is rude and incompetent

I bought a Samsung cellphone on the 080909 and had to send it back 8 days later as the phone had never read the memory card.The phone was taken in and booked in for repairs & 2 weeks later it came back with a report stating that it was beyond repairs. On sundy 041009 i went back to Foschini and was told that they have to book the phone in again the 2nd time for a 2nd opinion.I could understand what was not clear and i advised them that i felt inconvenienced and the manager said that;s not her business and that i should live with the fact that she has to book the phone in. She was rude and all eyes were on me. I think Foschini executives must look into their customers service department and also the procedures they work with. The phone was one month old and i expected them to give me a new phone... The manager is rude and incompetent...