Ford Motor Companyblown spark plug

I have experienced the Blown Spark Plug problem with Fords Triton 5.4 liter engine for a second time. My 2003 Ford Expedition blew the #3 spark plug on November 15, 2008. I am the original owner of this vehicle. The original engine was replaced August 22, 2006 with 86k miles because of the same problem at a cost to me of $5, 400. This engine has 53k miles and was installed by Koons Ford of Annapolis. Although Ford accepts no responsibility for this failure, the dealer assured me that Fords redesigned V8 engine had resolved this issue. I have been a loyal Ford customer purchasing 12 Ford vehicles over the past 32 years. It is time for the Ford Motor Company to take ownership of this problem and at least take care of their customers that have experienced this defect.

Comments

• Di
      Jun 14, 2009

Your new engine now has a 3 yr/100, ooo mile warranty.You asked for Ford to address this problem and they did.Way to go Ford!!!

• Br
      Feb 17, 2010

I am disgusted with ford as while. My 2005 ford escape limited has over $3, 000.00 in damage do to catalytic converter fault and coil packs which then in returned according to the garage fried my PCM which caught fire. Ford customer service was no help and will not give a response to why they won't help fix me in the cost when they know they have a problem with there PCMS and coil packs. I have spent 80, 000.00 dollars on ford vehicles in the past 15 years and will never by another Ford vehicle, volvo jaguar or any other piece of ### they produce. Customer service is horrible. The only reason they didn't need bailed out is because they don't recall parts that should be and stick to the consumer. Henry Ford is turning in his grave.

• Le
      Mar 18, 2010

I have a 2002 E-350 van. well the #3 plug just blew out. come to find out this is normal! no recall?