Food Lion / Stay away from this one

I had purchased a box of wine from Food Lion in Ashland, Virginia. I had picked up a wrong flavor so, I gone back to the store. I wanted to change it, get the same kind but different flavor. Unfortunately, the store didn’t have the flavor I wanted, so the customer service informed me that I can change the box wine in Raleigh, NC – Food Lion since I resides there, but as per corporate policy is concern, I cannot return and/or receive a refund, I said I’m not returning the item. The Food Lion in Raleigh, NC refused to let me change the box of wine with my receipt due to their own policy. I was disappointed. I knew the clerk was knew but the manager was next to her; without any comments. She just looked at me. I have always enjoyed supporting Food Lion for a year now, but I’m kind of pulling back. I go there if it’s really necessary. It would have been a good food market, if it would have had a good service over all.

Ka
Jan 24, 2013

Comments

• He
      24th of Jan, 2013

In this day and age it is so easy for people to tamper with food products. Once the item leaves the store they can't take it back, they have no way to make sure it is still safe to resell. Next time make sure you have the right flavor before you leave, it is your fault not theirs

• Ge
      24th of Jan, 2013

Working in retail, i know part of the reason they couldnt help you was that boxed wine is something poor, and nasty people buy. So they assumed you probably stole it. Even though you had a recipt, people go searching in trash cans for them.