FNCB / Harassment

1 CO, United States Review updated:

This company called me and said I owed $8, 100.00 on a Ford truck I had repossesed from me in early 2002. First of all that debt is past the statute of limitations - if there ever was a debt. I say if there was a debt because I paid for the repossesion and paid the IRS about $3, 000.00 in 2003 for the "bad debt" - that the real financial company holding the contract - wrote off as bad debt.
So somehow this company has a way to dig up "historical debt" and try to convince you is is "real debt" that they hold over you.
That is DECEPTIVE PRACTICES and AGAINST THE LAW!!
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which prohibits debt collectors from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices to collect from you.

Comments

• Da
      1st of Mar, 2009
    FNCB - Repeated calls
    FNCB
    Euless
    Texas

If you live in Texas, sign up fo rthe Texas No-Call List, then, notify them (and record the notification call, or certified letter), not to call again. Then, document when they do, and start filing complaints with the State Atty General's Office, they have an on-line form-EACH call after notification can be fined $1000! I did this to another ### company, and they were fined $10, 000.00, then they finally stopped! It works and is the best way to deal with them in Texas...of course unless they come in person, , , well then you'll know what to do:-)!!!

• Sc
      17th of Jun, 2010

They can still collect on the debt until 2012, it's 10 years. And you have to dispute with them and have proof to show you made those payments. If it's still an issue hire a lawyer to help you with the case.

• Ti
      18th of Jun, 2010

You need to find out for certain what the statute of limitations is in your state - it is different in different states.

• Sc
      18th of Jun, 2010

I was told it was 10 years in my state at least, but I'm not sure, never dealt with collections before, I just think getting a lawyer is helpful in those situations if they chose not to listen or just ignore the call. My parents pay my credit card and student loans I just pay for my car possessions and my boyfriend bought our house so I've never had the opportunity to deal with money issues yet. But if you look on the internet you can find all the information, or don't report it on here, it's not like the collection agency is responding at all.