First National Collection Bureaufraudulent attempt to collect

R

Subject: first national collection bureaus

Posted on thu jul 22, 2010
I received a letter today stating i owed $250. 81 to at&t and it was in collections. I called [protected] and some guy answered. I did not let him talk but instead told him i had "never" had a delinquent account with at&t and their notice was fraudulent and fake and it was being turned over the the attorney general and the dept of commerce and insurance in tennessee who regulates collection bureaus. He started to talk and i told him to have a nice day and hung up. I emailed at&t and received an immediate written report about my account since 2003 which had never been in delinquent condition or turned over for collection. This fncb is using big corporations like at&t to scam people out of money. And they are also called palisades collection, llc. Be careful with these scams.

• Ar
    ARoa Aug 13, 2018

This was previously settled in about 2009 through another collection company. I believe this to be fraudulent attempt to collect a debt which was already discharged.

• Br
    BRIEFBUD Aug 24, 2017

I have turned my letter over to Verizon Wireless as they said there acting as there agent. There pissed and are getting to the bottom of this. I never had an account. It is a scam and this company is not a real collection agency. There just one big scam! I hope they get closed down now as Verizon is not a company you should impersonate. They take legal action quick once you sign the papers.

• Ca
    Catmanship Feb 29, 2016

I sent those scam artists a certified letter with return receipt requested. I told them that Federal Judge Bunning (son of former U.S. Senator Jim Bunning) would be happy to see them. The postal return receipt was received signed by B. Lane. Probably an alias. I have not heard from these scam artists since. The point is do not call these people. Invite them to see you in court. If they claim that you owe something out of the state you live in, ask them to sue in your federal jurisdiction. They will not do that. It could cost them much than what they are trying to scam you out of. Good luck and hope this was helpful.

• Ph
    Phasegap Feb 04, 2016

First National is just another of the scam artist collections agencies operating. They get your name on Facebook or if you order something o line. They will however back off with a letter advising them to sue you in Federal Court. I guarantee it will work.

• Di
    Disappointments Dec 07, 2015

I agree with the previous comments because I received a letter in the mail from First National Collection Bureau, Inc. last week stating that I own Remark Funding $4, 524.36 for borrowed money received back in 2004. I called them to inquire about it and he asked for my social security number, fishing for more of my information I thought, and he said that they bought the account from that company and now they are out of business. So I asked what the money borrowed for and he said he didn't know and could no longer contact them to find out. I knew that it was a lie because I had just filed bankruptcy 2 years before and did not have any employment for 3 years then. I couldn't even borrow $100 let alone be able to borrow money for that amount. They are bogus and a scammer. I just told them that it was not mind. Then he wanted me to send in a letter of dispute. People lie on us because of greed and then we have to prove our innocence.

• De
    Debbi DeSisto Nov 14, 2015

They sent me a letter of which I knew I owed the amount. They offered me a 50% discount if I payed within 35 days. In 27 days the acknowledge they received payment of the 50% amount but now are shooting to get the 65% for two payments are are acting as if they never offered the 50%. Luckily for me I kept both letters. Hopefully they won't play this game after the attorney general talks to them.

• Kk
    Kkleen May 29, 2015

Guys, the first thing you do is send a Dispute and Demand letter! Dispute the debt, and Demsnd they validate it. You MUST send this ASAP - you only have 30 days to get this to them - and make sure you send it Certified mail, so you have proof they received it. Then download the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and read it several times. If they contact you at all, they've violated the law and you have 1 year to sue them: $1, 000 statutory damages. Look up your state law and most will have the Same or larger damages to add to it. Do not sue in your local court but in the Federal court. Learn how to stand up for rights, or you don't have any! Go to wliyd.com and learn how.

• Jl
    JLSeagull May 17, 2014

The BBB says, "F"

Reason for Rating
    BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered First National Collection Bureau, Inc.'s rating include:

239 complaints filed against business
    Failure to respond to 235 complaints filed against business.
    Overall complaint history with BBB.
    One complaint filed against business that was not resolved.

• Pa
    patrick_t May 17, 2014

recieved a bill from them for a capital one card I never owned

• Le
    lewis miller Sep 14, 2013

ok the bottom feeders say I owe $105.90 to Direct TV I have been in a dispute with them since 2009 in which they could not get a signal my from home due to pine trees. Being that I trusted that this would be taken care of ...however I just checked my credit report and sure enough there's the bottom carp saying I owe this...Hell no so I called direct TV and they say we cant even find you I then got the phone and told them get your credit remarks off my Experian account the ling cod then says to me its with so I told them they say no you owe it...DIRECTV does not have me on their computers...I want my this removed now...Lets barbeque...one angry person

• Pu
    puna Feb 11, 2011

Complaints about First National Collection Bureau may be made to the Financial Institutions Division of the Nevada Department of Business and Industry at at http://fid.state.nv.us/Forms/FID-Complaint-Interactive.pdf -- see also their information page at http://fightfraud.nv.gov/financial_new.htm (btw, the Nevada Consumer Affairs Division has been eliminated by the Nevada legislature -- see http://ag.state.nv.us/org/bcp/cadinfo.htm.)

• Jr
    jrboyd Dec 10, 2010

I too have been harassed by First National. They sent me a collection letter for some ridiculous amount of money that I did not owe. Have they bothered you since?

Janie Aug 13, 2009

It's just a scam. They con people into giving them their account number saying that this debt needs to be paid now or we'll sue. Crap. If it was real, they would already have your address and you would have received mail confirming this. Or they would have called.

Don't worry about it.

I get these all the time in my emial. Just spam it.

• St
    stein20 Aug 13, 2009

I received a collection notice from the above and I have no idea what it is for.