Florida Power & Light [FPL] / fpl broke my gate after hurricane irma and refuses to repair the damages

1 West Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

In the aftermath of hurricane Irma, FPL used my property as access to the neighbors yard to fix a light pole in the neighbors yard. The FPL truck entered my yard through a chain link double gate. On finishing their job in the neighbors yard an leaving, the FPL employees threw and left the broken light posts in my driveway damaging my mailbox and my gate. I've been trying to get someone from FPL to repair the damage and have spoken to a different person each time who promises someone will get back to me. On 4/3/18 a rep called and said he will be going out to take
pictures and pick up the old light posts, and would get back to me in regards to the damages. Well, the post were picked up but no call back from the rep. We are now entering another hurricane season and FPL is yet to repair the damage they've done. What is my next step? To get a news reporter to my home? I need this taken care of, but it seems like FPL likes stepping on the little people. Maybe if I lived in an affluent neighborhood this problem would've been resolved along time ago.

Gu
May 16, 2018

Comments

• Mc
      16th of May, 2018

Same problem almost here...Its been 4 months since they drove through my yard and crushed my drainfield and no reply from them...Im guessing the News and a lawyer might get better results.