Florida Blue / requesting peer to peer review of a claim.
My doctor and I have been trying for months to set up a peer to peer review of a denied claim and florida blue has made it impossible. I have made multiple phone calls, sent messages through the florida blue website, and had several chat sessions. They have not responded to any of the messages, none. The phone and chat responses are to have the doctor call the provider line. He has tried twice but it does not allow him to request the peer to peer. The automated system asks for date of service, and when he enters it, the systems responds that there is no claim for that date of service (actually there are 6) but it will not let him proceed, nor is there a way for him to speak with a person. My doctor says the claim was for a legitimate medical service and that if he could speak with a peer, he is sure they would agree. All we are trying to do is set up a peer to peer reviews, but the system will not allow it.
If the results of the peer to peer were not in my favor, then I could accept that. But florida blue not following there own policy and their customer service representatives being unable or unwilling to help find a way to set up the peer to peer is very poor. All we are asking for is a phone call for a peer to peer review and all we get is a dead end and the runaround.
More Florida Blue Complaints & Reviews
- Florida Blue (BCBS) - refund 
- Florida Blue (BCBS) - health insurance payment refund 
- Florida Blue - denied authorizations submitted by surgeon 
- Florida Blue / Blue Cross & Blue Shield - florida blue hmo
- Florida Blue - claim rejections 
- Florida Blue - an ongoing medical problem that I cannot get resolved.
- Florida Blue - payment to services rendered
- Florida Blue - ignorant customer service
- Florida Blue - lack of training for florida blue customer service
- Florida Blue - customer service/ payment line