Fitness First / no refund

Al Barsha, Dubai, United States Review updated:
Phone: +971563611392

I am a new fitness first member who joined a 6-months period in Al-barsha, Dubai that started in the April 22nd 2015, and although I find it a great place by all means with nice trainers and great environment, I had a very bad experience regarding the sales and the finance.
The way the sales was done was completely miss leading, there is no fixed pre-written sheet with all prices and offers. She was writing bunch of prices every were on the booklet, the sales was pushing toward the 6 month offer without giving me a chance to ask about any other option (period less than a 6 month)
I have not been told that my first payment is just a registration fees. I have not been told the membership will be charging my Credit Card without acknowledgement in the beginning of each month. instead I have been told I have a one month free to use in the beginning of the registration not at the end, and they can easily transfer the membership to another member, I have not been told even about a the transfer fees.
And then the second sales personal came after I signed the papers and paid the 450 dirhams, to tell me that the registration is not cancelable, I have to pay 90 dirhams to skip any month, and the transfer fees are 250 dirhams .
I was not comfortable, especially that I informed the sales that I lost my job recently and I’m expecting to leave the country as soon as they cancel my residency in UAE but I had to continue as I paid already.
And here comes the day by June 2nd 2015 I was informed by my work that my residency is canceled and I have to leave the country. For sure, I had to cancel my membership with Fitness First but unfortunately, the manager refused to refund the amount of july 599 derhams, although I provided all required documents, claiming that I did not notify them before the 25th of May as written in the welcome sheet although I have notified the sales before, that my residency can be canceled any time without prior notice and that’s why I did not want the 6 month membership from the beginning.
I am really disappointed to end it with such a great place like this, angry, frustrated and feeling abused and cheated. Although it is one of the best GYM places World Wide but “being materialistic and cost too much for what they offer” is the existing reputation of Fitness-first here in Dubai and I did not want to be the one who can confirm it with such a painful experience or leave a negative feedback and impression at Dubai customer care or even join the complaint board on the social media.

Ma
Jun 3, 2015

Comments

• Ed
      13th of May, 2018

Signed up to a 12 month contract paid half the years membership and was due to pay the other half at the end of the month, pulled my back so I didn't use the gym for a few weeks, when i went back in to use the gym they said that my membership was cancelled as I was past the 30 days from when I opened the membership and they said they'd tried contacting me twice however I had no record of any call from them and I even had Etisilat send me a list of any call records to my number for the month period and there was nothing there from Fitness First. They hadn't whatsapped me or sent me an email and they are now saying I cant pay the final half of the membership costs and I cant have a refund. called up their head office twice and was told Id receive a call back - nothing from them in 5 days, I've just called back again. So far it has been a diabolical experience no one their seems to know whats going on, communication from them would have been terrible had I actually received anything from them. Tried to take it further and complain to their head office outside of the UAE and was told I was unable to do so, so now I will be relying on the power of social media to get this sorted. Outrageous