04:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Fitness Centers

Fitness 19 / being sent to collections?

Re Aug 26, 2015 Review updated:

I signed up for a membership with Fitness 19 in 2012 with a brand new location in Victorville, CA. I ended up moving before they ever opened. I cancelled my membership in writing as requested and I have been getting text messages for the last 3 years that I have a balance due and I need to call [protected]. Every time I have called the line is busy. Every single time.

It's not August 24, 2105 and I just received a text that I am being sent to collections.

I have NEVER even stepped foot in the gym. I never paid any dues because I cancelled my membership. Here we are 3 years later and I cannot reach anyone at corporate or the local gym in Victorville, CA to address this issue. I'm furious.

Comments

• Al
      Feb 28, 2016

I have the exact same problem. The Mountlake Terrace, Washington club. I had inquired one time about it, via email, and they harassed me, called me several times a day religiously, and when I finally called, the manager held out a 9.95 carrot to me, stating that it was month by month and that I could cancel anytime. He emailed a "contract" to me, which I never sent back because I moved a couple of days later. I've never stepped foot into that gym, and I just got another letter from them stating I owe $67.91 and that I was being sent to collections. I've literally not only not signed anything, but have never stepped into the gym. Talk about scam artists.