First National Bank / poor home loans death claim assistance

I have been speaking to Alida Vandyk regarding the bond of Mr and Mrs Mpata. Mr Mpata passed away in June and I forwarded the relevant documents to Alida. She confirmed that the claim would be paid by 4th September but she keeps asking for documents that I don't understand. I have copied her on an email to my attorneys where I asked her to advise me on the documents she's asking for and they advised that because the estate was less than R123, 000 those documents are not necessary. Alida became upset and responded by writting me an email in big bold letters. All we need is for the claim of Mrs Mpata to be settled or to be advised on exactly what to do so that this matter can be resolved. After all Bond cover is paid to have these things sorted out after the death of a spouse not to have complications with bank staff who are not willing to be helpful.

Mi

Comments

• El
      Mar 30, 2012

My husband and I have a house bond with FNB. We were married in community of property and have signed all the necessary documents (Thembani Glenn and Elizabeth Phephenyane). in 2002 my husband died. The treatment I got from FNB Home Loan was shocking being sent from pillar to post for ten years. I am paying my bond every month still both in our names.. I'm now unemployed and sixty years old and sickling. I have wrote to so many people to help me solve this problem. One of the FNB staff even asked me why am I not selling the house?