First Data Merchant Services / they're rip offs

I leased a credit card machine thru first data, they auto debit my account for 4 years for the monthly $20 after 4 years the debit stopped, full filled my lease right, NO they decided I owed another $90 but did not inform me of this a year after the lease was up. I found out by checking my credit report after receiving a call from a collection agency. They had put a derogatory on my credit report. I called and asked why they didn't auto take the $90. Get this they said they called once and left a message! I paid the $90 bucks same day, they said they would remove from my credit report and never did. Now I have to fight this battle with the credit reporting agency to clear my name. When I called First Data Leasing the man I spoke with originally said to bad and hung up on me. I explained that if I had let them take $20 a month for 4 years why would I not pay a lousy $90 and ruin my credit.

Va

Comments

• Pe
      26th of May, 2010

It may be easier for you to understand if you read your contract. You signed two agreements, one with First Data Merchant Services and one with First Data Global Leasing. Both of the contract terms are outlined in the contract you signed.
    It amazes me how no one takes responsibility for their own negligence when it comes to contracts themselves.
    The $90 was the penalty for the service agreement, the other fees were for your 4 year agreement.
    Pay attention to what you put your name on in the future and I'm sure you won't find yourself in this situation in the future.
    It's not ALWAYS the companies fault.