First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation / home warranty

1 Yorktown, VA, United States

I contacted First AM on March 28th regarding a plumbing blockage. They sent "Thomas Plumbing" to my house and they claimed it was a bulged drain pipe under my house that was improperly installed. He said he would return in two days to bring his equipment. Thomas Plumbing never returned. I contacted First AM on March 30th and they tried to contact Thomas Plumbing with no luck. They stated that I would just have to wait. After a week with no contact from the plumber or First AM, I contacted a reputable plumbing company to fix my drain pipe. After $867.00 in repairs, plus my $95.00 service fee, I contacted First AM to see what they would do to reimburse for the repair. They said that they might be able to reimburse the $95.00 service fee but nothing more. What is the point of having a home warranty company that forces you to pay for repairs due to contracting shady companies. Stay far away from First American and do some research on better companies. That's what I'm going to do.

Mm